Question for all you smart folks

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I have a Trailer Wiring question for you guys, We went sledding 2 weekends ago and I finally just go around to washing my trailer yesterday morning. When I got home from work tonight I noticed that the 2 lower Passenger Rear Tail lights were on, No other lights at all. My Trailer is a Triton 4 Place aluminum. I hooked the Trailer up to my truck and all lights worked fine, when I unhooked the same two lights stayed on. (Lights are LED) the only way I could get them to go out was by disconnecting them, Does anyone have any Idea what would be causing This

Thanks in Advance

han solo

Reaction score
No idea with your issue. But it must be a triton thing, as WKM(lloydminster) triton does the same thing. Everytime I drive buy there business when its dark I notice the same 2 lites on, passenger side. Some how its getting power from the battery, yes I know that doesnt help. Going to have to start taking the wiring harness apart to see where those 2 lights are getting power from.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No idea with your issue. But it must be a triton thing, as WKM(lloydminster) triton does the same thing. Everytime I drive buy there business when its dark I notice the same 2 lites on, passenger side. Some how its getting power from the battery, yes I know that doesnt help. Going to have to start taking the wiring harness apart to see where those 2 lights are getting power from.

Yeah its kinda weird, I have had the trailer for just over a year now and have not had the issue yet, Maybe I will call them tommorow and ask them if they have found a fix yet

Thanks

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
take hammer and turn lights out, problem solved. next

You know its kinda funny, cause I always thought if you couldn't fix a problem with a hammer, then it was a electrical issue, But I guess thats wrong you can fix electrical problems with a hammer :beer:

beaker

Reaction score
last two months have had the same problem with my interstate trailer.the middle two led lights on the right side would faintly stay on.replaced battery problem went away.I do not the reason for this but it has been good ever since

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it's to do with the battery for the electric break away back feeding the brake lights. Possibly a dirty ground.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys Finally got around to looking at this thing, It ended up being a massive amount of corrosion behind the 7 way connector, cleaned it up filled her full of grease and bingo bango bongo, works perfect, I would like to thank my great dealership who sold me the trailer, 3 times now I have called them and got what I feel to be Horrible service, The sales department was great and has always treated me well but Parts and Service counter guys leave a little to be desired. But this may be a whole new thread.

Later and guys thanks for your helpfull input

Top Bottom