question about revy

oilerfan1982

Reaction score
we are going dec 6th weekend and would like to know how sale is to get into we have a couple non experienced
riders coming with us would this be a place to take them

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sale is a small area, the open areas are nice, but not huge, but if it's snowing and low visibility- you will have to head into the trees, and there is not a big area to play in.. For most beginners (and all talent levels) Boulder is still the best area, lots of semi-open and open areas, lots of tree riding. Given your date of Dec 6th - it will most likely be snowing - so be prepared to be a bit adventerous and head into the trees -

T

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill have a couple new guys that weekend too and that's our first place to ride. Nice and easy in the non closure area. We will be there on the 6th of dec so if u want to have a good laugh come watch our new guy. Never been on a sled newer than 1998.

Sent from my iPhone using

Yaco

Reaction score
Frisby is another easy mountain to go to. Groomed trails and a nice cabin. Similar to Boulder for how easy it is to access, and never as busy of a mountain as Boulder. Either one would be fine for newbie riders to check out.

oilerfan1982

Reaction score
should be fun we have a guy that has never really been on a sled and just bought a 2008 summit and wants to ride in the mountains im sure we will run into you guys

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sale is good but..... Remember there is no parking, you park accross the busy highway full of logging trucks and BC hydro guys. You have to ride up the highway, then cross it. Not sure why the club pushes these places but other than caribou signs, washes their hands of them? Fun spot but new guys may not like dodging highway traffic.

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have half a brain you will be fine crossing the highway.
head to boulder. Very fun. I went out with new riders and they
loved it. Sugar bowl and private meadows were a ton of fun.
I am fairly new as well and I find it great. If your looking for
a place to stay smokey bear is awesome. You can drive right
from your room to the mtn.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have half a brain you will be fine crossing the highway.

X2

And it's only a couple hundred yard or you can try cutting up the switch back. Not like this tho

Brand new Under 1 mile on the machine.

Sent from my iPhone using

BackCountry81

Reaction score
thanks everyone for the info here, I was going to post my own thread or search for something like this.. most of the riders in my group are fairly new to "mountain" riding so to speak.. only a year or two experience for the most part.. the amount of snow revy offers is unreal , but we were all a little nervous going out that way not knowing the area . Good to know there are some good "novice" riding areas as well !

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks everyone for the info here, I was going to post my own thread or search for something like this.. most of the riders in my group are fairly new to "mountain" riding so to speak.. only a year or two experience for the most part.. the amount of snow revy offers is unreal , but we were all a little nervous going out that way not knowing the area . Good to know there are some good "novice" riding areas as well !

There are areas all rider's can get too.

Just please make sure u have the avy gear as u just never know if or when.

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was not saying that you can not cross the highway, you can go with the advise of two guys who do not even live close to here OR you want advise from a local? I also was trying to let the powers that be around here know that if they are going to promote ridding areas then maybe some work on those areas is needed, like a parking lot on the right side of the road. And if you do not think logging truck drivers are flying up and down the highway or one of the 3-500 guys in mica, then friend I guess the times you have been there you got lucky. Just like I did for 17 years with my sled, until two nights ago when someone stole both of them, **** happens, if you send inexperienced ridders up a paved highway at some point, well truck wins. Again, I never came on saying hey I am from here, don't go to Sale, I said be careful, is that bad advise? You tell me. And I know you will, haha

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was not saying that you can not cross the highway, you can go with the advise of two guys who do not even live close to here OR you want advise from a local? I also was trying to let the powers that be around here know that if they are going to promote ridding areas then maybe some work on those areas is needed, like a parking lot on the right side of the road. And if you do not think logging truck drivers are flying up and down the highway or one of the 3-500 guys in mica, then friend I guess the times you have been there you got lucky. Just like I did for 17 years with my sled, until two nights ago when someone stole both of them, **** happens, if you send inexperienced ridders up a paved highway at some point, well truck wins. Again, I never came on saying hey I am from here, don't go to Sale, I said be careful, is that bad advise? You tell me. And I know you will, haha

It's ok Revy.

Some people are up tight and anal.

What I read into it was what u said.

Yes sale is awsome but parking does suck unless Ur the first ones to park. Mabe that's a good thing to keep 500 sleds a day out. No place to park then u won't ride there.

Yes the traffic sucks. Worst is at the end cause Ur coming down , not thinking about traffic , just getting there after 20 of whoops.

It's a accident waiting to happen yes.

BackCountry81

Reaction score
everyone we ride with has a min. of Shovel probe and beacon. Thnx for the info tho. You read about and see vid of all the amazing terrain . Would love to get up that way, but would hate to end up with a rider or two over his head.

There are areas all rider's can get too.

Just please make sure u have the avy gear as u just never know if or when.

Tuesday

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most beginners have a tough time with the cut block at sale. If low visibility and few tracks also tricky to get across the ridge. It has been rare occasion that our group has not had to break trail over the ridge.

As mentioned fairly small area but fun place to bomb around on the low vis days.

assaultbear

Reaction score
My first Mtn experience was at Sale in 2007. Haven't been back to Sale since but all over Boulder and Frisby every winter since cause easier to park.

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone been up sale lately? Planning on doing some sled boarding there next thurs or Friday
I don't have a report --- but given previous years -- Sale gets more snow earlier--- so given that Boulder has 5 feet -- Sale will most likely have more ---

T

Top Bottom