Question about Quad Age

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got 3500 km on my brute and never had a problem, just regular fluid changes every 500 km lol

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't take long for word to spread about shops/dealers with not so reputable service. Certain places come up in conversation on a regular basis and never seem to change over the yrs. A good friend of mine has his own repair business out of his garage and is busy all the time. He's worked at a couple of local shops in the past and has seen the BS up front. I'll support him as long as I can :beer: :beer:

I hear ya. I just figured I would take it into a dealer because they deal Polaris and if there were any recalls they would know about them and service it for free. The only recall the quad had was the reflective strips needed to be put on. Plan was to get the first service done by a dealer and then subsequent services done by a local mechanic. I would rather support the small guys anyhow and they will do better quality work. On that note: If anyone knows of a good mechanic that does great work and wants another quad to service please PM me contact information. :beer:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, Guy's & Gal's :d

I was wondering how many miles you should get out of a quad and when is it consitered old based off miles? When I took my quad into cycle works for a checkup the service guy said my quad had seen quite a few miles and the engine will be getting towards end of life. Mine has just under 3K miles and 3K miles does not seem like alot to me. I'm just thinking that if you only get 3K miles out of a quad and you buy a new one at 8k thats very expensive and just dosent seem right for the price. A new quad can be as much as a new car and the car can get 150k miles. :confused:

Thanks,

My 2006 Honda 350 has some where around 12,000 Km on it. and thats of hard farm work. The new 420`s we traded it on went through a transmission each and had 5 work orders on one and 8 on the other in under a year...so really depends on the machine. At all season cycle in brooks they had two machines with 30,000 km on them never had a major problem and still looked great. If you want a long lasting machine go honda.

Top Bottom