Question about Log Truck Drivers.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couldn't watch video, site is not adblocker friendly.

Was on the news tonight. Guess he left his PTO engaged and the box was creeping up as he was going down the Hwy. Even still he must have been pretty brain dead not to notice his end dump was 20 feet in the air. Or it was done on purpose

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was on the news tonight. Guess he left his PTO engaged and the box was creeping up as he was going down the Hwy. Even still he must have been pretty brain dead not to notice his end dump was 20 feet in the air. Or it was done on purpose
Has to be on purpose.

One that PTO ia gonna be screaming at that rpm, how can you not hear that?

Two how do you not feel the load shift?
The some bitch musta been swaying something feirce.

Three, haudraulics creep down 99% of the time......

He is probably looking for a job now.
You gonna hire this bilingual beauty?

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has to be on purpose.

One that PTO ia gonna be screaming at that rpm, how can you not hear that?

Two how do you not feel the load shift?
The some bitch musta been swaying something feirce.

Three, haudraulics creep down 99% of the time......

He is probably looking for a job now.
You gonna hire this bilingual beauty?

I hear air Canada is hiring, safe travels.

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple years back a driver from town left his box up and was driving around until it finally caught a powerline that crossed the road over to a mast on someone's house, ripped the mast and power right off the house which then caught the house gas line, meter and regulator and ripped it off as well. Never seen that guy drive for that company again.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple years back a driver from town left his box up and was driving around until it finally caught a powerline that crossed the road over to a mast on someone's house, ripped the mast and power right off the house which then caught the house gas line, meter and regulator and ripped it off as well. Never seen that guy drive for that company again.

going back almost 30 years ago in your area Bell Brothers (H&H Logging) left a 966 idling on the lowbed, boom lifted and they took out the bridge just west of Houston. Had to use the detour around the high road for 6 plus months.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5 years ago driver didn't curl the boom on an excavator and took out the top of a steel bridge between Fairmont and Cranbrook. Mot engineers would not certify the bridge after, they had to bring in an outside firm to figure out repairs.... was about 6 months or more.

Local plow operator for main road contracting left his wing down this winter and caught same bridge. Ripped the wing off the truck.....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
5 years ago driver didn't curl the boom on an excavator and took out the top of a steel bridge between Fairmont and Cranbrook. Mot engineers would not certify the bridge after, they had to bring in an outside firm to figure out repairs.... was about 6 months or more.

Local plow operator for main road contracting left his wing down this winter and caught same bridge. Ripped the wing off the truck.....

Main Road put two plow trucks in the ditch at Sparwood this winter..............about two weeks apart and on either side of the road in the same 1/2 km of road. Hard to get good help these days????

Back to logging truck drivers.....

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Happens more then you would think. One of my dad's drivers tagged 3 over passes coming out of the lower wasteland before stopping. 15+ years later marks are still on some of the bridges. I laugh every time we go down there

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Happens more then you would think. One of my dad's drivers tagged 3 over passes coming out of the lower wasteland before stopping. 15+ years later marks are still on some of the bridges. I laugh every time we go down there

I’m sure we all do it. Ever look at a bridge, overpass or even looking over used trucks and equipment. I alway wonder what storie is behind the scrapes and dents. I bet there are some great stories behind lots of them....good and bad of course.
Also shows ones age when we can laught at the silly stories we all have of the past in the trucking/logging biz, I know I had some great times to show for it.
man times have changed, when I look back at what we used to Get away with. Jail time nowadays.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m sure we all do it. Ever look at a bridge, overpass or even looking over used trucks and equipment. I alway wonder what storie is behind the scrapes and dents. I bet there are some great stories behind lots of them....good and bad of course.
Also shows ones age when we can laught at the silly stories we all have of the past in the trucking/logging biz, I know I had some great times to show for it.
man times have changed, when I look back at what we used to Get away with. Jail time nowadays.

I'm young by most standards and I still think wtf ......

Just like the grain truck video posted in another thread

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm young by most standards and I still think wtf ......

Just like the grain truck video posted in another thread
Oh today’s actions will more then likely be looked apone as crazy but old school is old school, still I guess what I did in the early 80s is nothing to what happened in the 20-70s. Love looking over the old books of industry.
yah grain truck that was fun to watch...more stupid to fallow I’m sure.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

I laugh every time I come through the tunnels at Roger's Pass. Some of the concrete beams have evidence of being hit although there are some beams before the damaged ones that are unscathed. I find that interesting also.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Main Road put two plow trucks in the ditch at Sparwood this winter..............about two weeks apart and on either side of the road in the same 1/2 km of road. Hard to get good help these days????

Back to logging truck drivers.....
Apparently they're doing a bang up job because they got a new contract in 2016 says the mot..... lol what a joke. Rained here yesterday and roads were an absolute skating rink. Not one pebble of gravel on the road to the resort. But hey they sprayed the liquid money **** on the road 3 days ago when the sun was shining.... good enough ya?

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Time for new iron or pulling the pin?
Mmmm in this business everyone is looking at the other guy. The Other guy always keeps you guessing, you’ll never know the truth about a mans pocket book or reasons there buying or selling.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Time for new iron or pulling the pin?

He has 14 new ones lined up at the local kenworth dealer getting rigged out.

Either way most would rather he pulled the pin, he is the biggest rate cutting low ball douche bag trucker out there, if you see his rigs in your area, watch your back pocket, and if your a driver watch your paycheck, well known for screwing his employee's. Likes to hire the kids who dont know nothing about trucking but love the chrome.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_1192.JPG at local cardlock.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mmmm in this business everyone is looking at the other guy. The Other guy always keeps you guessing, you’ll never know the truth about a mans pocket book or reasons there buying or selling.
Well if he is selling everything and not buying new I could draw up a couple conclusions for yeah.

Top Bottom