Quest mountain Sicamous...Parts stole from broken sled......this is really low

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Anyone check the bush? I think there is a parts stash there and bringing couple parts out at a time. Someone would notice if some guys brought a truck load of parts like that down the hill

Braaap

Reaction score
Pretty ridiculous that a group would do this.. Curious how come your '11 Etec needed to be choppered out.. mechanical issues?

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone check the bush? I think there is a parts stash there and bringing couple parts out at a time. Someone would notice if some guys brought a truck load of parts like that down the hill

We were up there Sat Mar 31st, didn't see any parts stashed, but some people were up from Malakwa--would be easier for the parts to be skidded out that way.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would hate to think there is more to this story, but someone else must be thinking it.

Anyone ever tried to get thoes ball joints out in your shop? Let alone on the side of the mountain.

The spindles pretty much need an impact to break the control arms loose as well.

Sad if its true, but doesn't fully add up. Even if the motor was piled up, why leave your DESS there.

bingo. your not getting those parts off on the hill in my experience.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very few peeps left in the parking lot as it starts gettin dark. that's been my experience anyway.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would hate to think there is more to this story, but someone else must be thinking it.

Anyone ever tried to get thoes ball joints out in your shop? Let alone on the side of the mountain.

The spindles pretty much need an impact to break the control arms loose as well.

Sad if its true, but doesn't fully add up. Even if the motor was piled up, why leave your DESS there.

It's about a 2 min job to remove the spindle off the arms. It's not hard to do when you know how to remove them with the right tools. Leads me to believe these people that've done this before.
I just don't get why take the parts off the sled and not throw the sled in the skimmer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's about a 2 min job to remove the spindle off the arms. It's not hard to do when you know how to remove them with the right tools. Leads me to believe these people that've done this before.
I just don't get why take the parts off the sled and not throw the sled in the skimmer!

be alot smarter to haul whole sled on skimmer, yea get caught, oh we were just bringing it back for ya, parts ya could get screwed. but it sure don't take much to hide in snow and come back a week or so later.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

thats the thing. Anyone randomly finding the sled isn't going to have the tools to do the job, so they left and came back in the middle of the night to do the job?

Okay so its the middle of the night and they strip it since they can't tow it out, so its in a place that is already tough to get to, otherwise why leave it on the mountain in the first place, yet they can take everything they took off with them?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
be alot smarter to haul whole sled on skimmer, yea get caught, oh we were just bringing it back for ya, parts ya could get screwed. but it sure don't take much to hide in snow and come back a week or so later.

Very true. Wether they are caught in the act stealing the whole sled or stripping it.
Theft just doesn't make sence to me anyway.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
be way easier to take off the a-arms than just remove the ball joints

I just reread the list of stolen parts. I didn't realize that the lower ball joints were removed from the arms. I thought we were talking about getting the spindle off the ball joint taper. Wow they were a determined bunch.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is just a thought! But would the chopper had time to drop the sled off some where for a while before it was brought to the owner?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is just a thought! But would the chopper had time to drop the sled off some where for a while before it was brought to the owner?

hmm thinkin a guy makin 1200 an hr would likely have the means to buy parts, and why risk yer reputation on something so piddly. could also have been that friggin squatch.

xpsledneck

Reaction score
unfortunatly it sounds a little fishy to me i changed a control arm on my 08 and to change the ball joint was a bitch cant believe some one could do it on the hill. Not saying it dident happen just dosent seem right. and i know that it sucks to have your ch!t stolden as all my sleds were riped off last year.

Top Bottom