Quest mountain Sicamous...Parts stole from broken sled......this is really low

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow, thats totally stripped clearly a 2 hour job taking all that stuff off and then the task of carrying it down the mtn. either they had alot of time to make a few trips or several people involved. might of been worth looking around the area to see if they hid some of it not far away to retrieve later??
thiefs are getting smarter, taking all the easy cash sell parts and no way to track them down as no serial #.
worst thing is even if you caught them red handed and did something about it- you become more of a criminal than them which is BULLS&^T.

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine had a similar thing happen last year in our area. Sled broke down , so they left it overnight, came back the next morning with the parts to fix it. It was stripped right down, you could see they had a skimmer to get all the parts. The guy who owned the sled was a young guy, no insurance.I'm not sure how many people would bring a skimmer to the mountains but I wonder if these guys who are stealing all this stuff hang around waiting. I can't believe the friggin nerve of some people.

gimmepowder

Reaction score
Passing on info from Eagle Valley Club President.
Sled was left on Queest Mt, March 25 between the hours of 4:30 pm Sunday night and the early hours Monday morning and the the owner was going to have it choppered out Monday morning.
The sled is a ‘11 Skidoo Summit Everest Etec 800. Black side panels with the blue summit color logos.
The Eagle Valley Club is working with the RCMP to assist in finding the low life's that did this.
If you were up on Queest or knew anybody that was at Queest, or if you know anyone who was parked at either Queest or Malakwa entrance March 25 or 26,2012 please contact the club.
Eagle Valley Snowmobile Club & Gooming Society
1 855 836-6600
The theft of Sleds and Trucks has been happening in all community's and the RCMP are doing their best they can with what man power they have, but now stolen parts off a broken sled on the mountain, it doesn't get any lower than that.
Please help if you know anything.

Stolen Parts:
Hood
Left Side Panel
Right Side Panel
Front Pan Cover
Console
Indicator Support
Windshield

Headlight Assembly
Gauge Cluster
Exhaust Pipe
Muffler
Seat
Rear Bumper
Front Bumper
Rewind Starter
Both Ski Legs
Both Lower Ball Joints
Both Skis
Fuel, Oil and Coolant Tank Caps
Dess Key
Handle Bar Cover
Spare Belt
All the synthetic oil drained from the reservoir.

Wow, I'm always amazed at the new lows to which these pieces of $hit are willing to descend. Just when you think it can't possibly get any worse, some lowlife decides to prove you wrong! I can't believe the lack of respect that some $hitbags have for other people's property.

I have to wonder how much longer the law abiding citizens of this country will tolerate this bull$hit before somebody catches one of these b@stards and decides to take care of the situation and mete out some real justice on their own? Of coarse, the victim would then be facing criminal charges for dealing with the situation, just like that farmer from central Alberta who chased down the lowlife that stole his quad and gave him a little taste of hot lead. Personally, I feel that he would have done us all a big favour if he'd been a better shot.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, I'm always amazed at the new lows to which these pieces of $hit are willing to descend. Just when you think it can't possibly get any worse, some lowlife decides to prove you wrong! I can't believe the lack of respect that some $hitbags have for other people's property.

I have to wonder how much longer the law abiding citizens of this country will tolerate this bull$hit before somebody catches one of these b@stards and decides to take care of the situation and mete out some real justice on their own? Of coarse, the victim would then be facing criminal charges for dealing with the situation, just like that farmer from central Alberta who chased down the lowlife that stole his quad and gave him a little taste of hot lead. Personally, I feel that he would have done us all a big favour if he'd been a better shot.

Given the fact that nobody saw, knows much about it or reported this theft the odds that anyone knowing about the american justice should be non existent

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The mountains are big and scum thieves wouldn't be missed anyway.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read the e-mail in my in box and thought......it is a sledder that did this...WTF! probably has a lifted truck and wears the white sunglasses!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't you need a drill to drill out some rivets to get these parts off? Who packs a drill with them sledding? They must have seen it there and came back with proper tools! Karma is a real bitch and I hope she catches up with those guys.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone wearing white sunglasses is suspect, in my book.

don't they look funny? must want to belong to something,

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it was someone riding the area that day that did it. To have power tools and skimmers available on short notice then I am thinking locals. Its to bad people are like this. Would be really nice to catch them in the act and do a little backcountry justice up on the hill when know one is around......

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am in shock and would be lead to think it was local too, none the less they planned this shopping trip out. I am sorry this happened to you and I hope they catch them. There is nothing worse then breaking down to start with we have all been there to...but to come back and this has been done?! Honestly I thought there would be more honor...no matter who you are or what you ride just help someone else out. A little kindness can go a long way!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The world is changing day by day. Karma and back country justice are looking better all the time......scum bags should be put in locks on a cold, wet day on the top of Roger's Pass.

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The world is changing day by day. Karma and back country justice are looking better all the time......scum bags should be put in locks on a cold, wet day on the top of Roger's Pass.

Totally agree and leave a couple of cane poles beside em so we could line up and give em a whack on the way through!!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would hate to think there is more to this story, but someone else must be thinking it.

Anyone ever tried to get thoes ball joints out in your shop? Let alone on the side of the mountain.

The spindles pretty much need an impact to break the control arms loose as well.

Sad if its true, but doesn't fully add up. Even if the motor was piled up, why leave your DESS there.

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would hate to think there is more to this story, but someone else must be thinking it.

Anyone ever tried to get thoes ball joints out in your shop? Let alone on the side of the mountain.

The spindles pretty much need an impact to break the control arms loose as well.

Sad if its true, but doesn't fully add up. Even if the motor was piled up, why leave your DESS there.

I been thinking the same to! Why not the hole a arm?

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've also had to leave sleds for retrieval after we could bring in parts or even awaiting a chopper ride once. Makes a guy think if it is a good idea to let anyone know where you had to leave a sled. At least if a group keeps it to themselves where they left a sled, if it is off the beaten path, it reduces the risk of theft. A group of scum suckers would have to actually drive past the sled rather than being told where it is.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are a bunch of great sledders out in that area that make part of their living with ops in the area, I'm sure they have a good idea and will take care of their backyard given the oppertunity.

Top Bottom