Quartz creek

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quartz was awesome friday and saturday. Blue skys when you got to the top of the mountain on friday and saturday was a little chilly but amazing. Four of us went with four sleds, ending up breaking two of them on friday. So the boys let us double with them (THANK YOU!!). had an amazing first trip ever to the mountains!. .. Did some SMALL high marking hahahha and i mean small but just trying to get the hang of it :D Cant wait to go back for New years!!!!:d

Oh! Thanks to GSR Rentals for the info and his mechanic taking a look at my sled! =)

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quartz was awesome friday and saturday. Blue skys when you got to the top of the mountain on friday and saturday was a little chilly but amazing. Four of us went with four sleds, ending up breaking two of them on friday. So the boys let us double with them (THANK YOU!!). had an amazing first trip ever to the mountains!. .. Did some SMALL high marking hahahha and i mean small but just trying to get the hang of it :D Cant wait to go back for New years!!!!:d

Oh! Thanks to GSR Rentals for the info and his mechanic taking a look at my sled! =)
Good for you the first time is intimadating, at first I didnt know what I got my self into after getting stuck twice for about 1.5 hrs by myself with no one around. i thought I was hooped.:)

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh i agree, the first day i was having a bad day from the start with the sled not working properly.. then we got to this hill and i was too nervous to go up haha my bf took me up on the back of his sled to show me it wasnt that bad but when he went to get mine to bring it up it wasn't working at all. Lost 1/2 tank of oil from bottom of quartz to the cabin. Then another sled with us computer was smoking so that was toast, so we carried the broken ones down and went back to our cabin haha Saturday was MUCH better!.. more nerve and less being afraid :D

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We road Quartz Sat/Sun. Its pounded out but there is still fun to be had. Saturday there was lots of fun to be had on the Safe side of avy lane. Played around on the bottomless powder. Biggest dissapointment was watching the sledder/snowboarders trying to himark below the cornice from the right side of the cabin. Looked to be a solo rider for awhile, maybe there were more but that cornice looked as though it could drop at anytime. We decided to go back on Sunday rather than ride elsewhere as we already had one broken sled and just wanted a nice easy day.

Big thanks to the Quartz groomers for having a super smooth ride in! I'll pay $15 for that ride in anyday!

Top Bottom