Quartz Creek 2013/14

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was out there yesterday, .aybe had 10 cm of new. over sunday/monday. nice wind slab forming on north aspects. i'm sure there are untracked spots still but you will be taking your change with trees and creeks.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are conditions now??
really? crashidy was there tues its now fri, have you checked the weather forecast? yes or no? has it snowed in golden yes or no? if you cannot figure out what the conditions are like from the info given and do a little research, I don't think you have the skills to make the right decisions in the back country.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
really? crashidy was there tues its now fri, have you checked the weather forecast? yes or no? has it snowed in golden yes or no? if you cannot figure out what the conditions are like from the info given and do a little research, I don't think you have the skills to make the right decisions in the back country.

haha-So true!!

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahahhhaaa !!!

nice call out pano-dude !!!

buddy in golden text me last nite saying that winds have not been kind in the alpine blowing away considerable amounts of snow.
but he snowboards more than sleds and I very much doubt he has been to gorman or silent pass.
gorman is wot I would like to know more about

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After having done this for over 25 yrs........here's your early season report.

Snow base in the area is about 80 cms at 4500 ft, probably 1.5 m up top, maybe slightly more or less depending on wind blown pockets or scoured areas. Some creeks are still open. There are numerous hazards still hidden only inches below the surface. Wind scoured areas will have little to no snow.

Here's your standard early season report for this time of year at Gorman: HUGE ROCKS are sticking up all over the place still. Hopefully the lake is frozen enough to not fall through but not likely on the east side near the outlet.

That is all.

:D

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After having done this for over 25 yrs........here's your early season report.

Snow base in the area is about 80 cms at 4500 ft, probably 1.5 m up top, maybe slightly more or less depending on wind blown pockets or scoured areas. Some creeks are still open. There are numerous hazards still hidden only inches below the surface. Wind scoured areas will have little to no snow.

Here's your standard early season report for this time of year at Gorman: HUGE ROCKS are sticking up all over the place still. Hopefully the lake is frozen enough to not fall through but not likely on the east side near the outlet.

That is all.

:D

What about Silvermines? Anyone been in there yet? :rolleyes:

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about Silvermines? Anyone been in there yet? :rolleyes:

yeah im totally looking to go to silver mines this weekend. Anyone gone this past weekend? reports? looking for riding partner ast certified but I put my shovel on my sled because im to freakin lazy to carry it.:d

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oldman is definitely not ready to go yet, but a ton will change by Feb. Looks like snow in the forecast for the next 5 days or so! Right now it only shows a few cm's a day... hope that changes! We have an awesome base out there now all we need is a solid reset and we'll be back in action. Hope by the weekend!!

Camcodysdad

Reaction score
IMG_1518.jpg IMG_1522.jpg IMG_1519.jpg Quartz Creek conditions Dec 7 2013. Seen a few rocks and stumps still poking out. Snow was very hard and any powder was hard crust. A few more heavy snowfalls is all it needs. Still a great day to get out.

Last edited:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fun day at Quartz today. Not deep but there was plenty of fresh untouched. Way better than Gorman yesterday.

• Thanks
Reactions: CJR

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got lazy on our plans for Silent this morning (and by the sounds of it, there wasn't much left out there) so we went to Quartz. Had a good day, found some snow in the trees but over all they need more snow bad. Got entirely too many stucks in between yesterday at Boulder and today. Totally worn out haha, think it's time I start working more cardio into my gym time :(

IMG_2098.jpg

Top Bottom