Quartz Creek 2013/14

calgaryboy

Reaction score
rode quartz saturday and it was stellar and some sick windloaded places if you know where to go. anyone down to go riding wednesday or thursday? Shoot me a message on here or throw me a text 403 969 0646. all my buddies are busy and they just got another 30cms last night with more on the way tomorrow!!!

Hydro

Reaction score
Was up at Quartz yesterday. Pretty tracked out on the lower section, but there was some good snow around the Saddle and above. Avy conditions are obviously "considerable" at alpine, so play safe and keep your head up. I'm planning to head out there Saturday and Sunday next weekend (Dec 28/29). Shoot me a PM if you're interested in going. There may be a few of us.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buddies just now came back from revy and they can't believe the road is still open. worst they ever seen it !!!
could see only a few feet at times ...

it been putting down all day here but they said its way more in revy than here ...

other buddy was at the ski hill at 2pm and said blowing hard and about 4inches at base. couldnt see sheet ...

man wot a forcast !!!

Hydro

Reaction score
Was up at Quartz again today. The area did get some snow, 5-6in since Sunday, but still not enough. We did get bluebird sky for most of the day and the vis was really good. There are still a ton of landmines lurking just below the surface. We exposed a few of them by accident.

Did not witness any avalanches and was with a group that was pushing some of the ridges in Prairie Hills. Played up there most of the day without any issue. Be mindful of the conditions, and apply some simple common sense when you're out there.

Hope to to be back out this weekend.

Hydro

Reaction score
Anyone out today? Would appreciate an update. I may head up in the am.

Thanks!

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone up recently? Kicking horse doesn't show much, but looks like Roger's Pass got hit and is getting more snow. Looking at going tomorrow or sunday, looking for a partner too.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Joshua,
I'll be driving out on Sunday to ride a few days during the week...
I was thinking Quartz on Monday and then some other spots the next cpl days. :)

RN
I was out Friday, and Saturday. So much powder, was unreal. Didn't go to Quartz though. Best couple days I have ever had in Golden. You guys will have a blast.

Top Bottom