Quartz Creek 2011/12

Volksnutt

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pictures Highfly. Great ride as always!!!!! Blue bird day!!!!

DJK

Reaction score
Saturday, the 29th at Quartz was pretty well iced up till after noon. We out in the flatlands thought that with all the rain down below, there would be new snow up top ... but alas ... it was not to be...! Had fun anyway. Went with my 2 sons, one grandson & a buddy.
Next year ..........
:ohwell:

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was anybody else up there? How was the trail in? Any dirt on the main road?

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was at quartz today. expect to drive awayz upthe trail. at least to the 3km mark if not futher by the weekend. I wish I drove futher than I did. many long bare sections. blowing hard up top, but nice wind transport. a few cents had fallen and was snowing for most of the afternoon. if your like me and not finished with winter then its not a bad place to play. I was at a trail in the back of blaebeery the day before and it was farked! creek crossings were a nitemare of rocks water and shovelling. Off camber trails in isothermal were problematic shall we say. all alpine areas are still good to go but getting there is farking hard on the sled.
keep an eye on the temps and slide paths on the way in and out!!!
butt wot wood eye no ...

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
quartz was riding nicely on the weekend up top ... but ... I expect they will lock the gate at the 1km mark as the big trucks with mudders were distroying the trail in the afternoons. these trucks were really struggling to get out. diffs were plowing mud. we road our sleds a couple of km's on gravel and mud rather than risk getting trucks stuck. Word is that people going to silent pass are parking at the 47km mark !!!

Top Bottom