GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And it begins!! YeeeeeeHAAAAAAAW
312674_10150381768910320_517465319_10541468_361258044_n.jpg

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was that you up there Aa caus that looks like early evening.... too bad there wasnt a web cam on the roof

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish it was me! It was actually a morning shot by a local who was walking his dogs! I'm jealous! If it was my shot I'd be rolling around in the snow.. hahahaha!! GETTIN PUMPED FOR WINTER!!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish it was me! It was actually a morning shot by a local who was walking his dogs! I'm jealous! If it was my shot I'd be rolling around in the snow.. hahahaha!! GETTIN PUMPED FOR WINTER!!

holly chit local guy walking his dogs,, does he live at KM 12 lol thats a hell of a walk to the cabin,, thanks for the pic!!!! cant wait!!!

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL thats what i was thinking... thats Mr saskwatch to the locals :confused:

holly chit local guy walking his dogs,, does he live at KM 12 lol thats a hell of a walk to the cabin,, thanks for the pic!!!! cant wait!!!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do people quad up there? and if so where do you go... east quartz?

Im pretty sure you can quad to about the last 2km before the cabin then no go,, so in other words not much quading but someone will know for sure.

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is actually no ATV access up there. It has recently been closed by forestry... bummer! We use to quad to the cabin in the past on the old trail but a few people decided to make a few new trails of their own though the alpine and in a few mud holes lower down... now closed.
You can quad to the Big Rock Garden just before "Twin Cutes" on the sled ride in, but it's none motorized from there up. Only 2km from there to cabin. Easy walk!

Trencher

Reaction score
Hey Thanks for the pic Aaron, i just had to go start the machine and rip around the yard, my wife is going to pissed in the am when she see's the big dirt trails!!!! |Thanks for the pic though nice to see a bit of snow

thammer

Reaction score
hey does anyone have any updates on either quartz or goramn? itching to get out there!!

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey does anyone have any updates on either quartz or goramn? itching to get out there!!
Well if you look at the web sites you wont be out there for a few weeks so hold on to that trigger.... your time is coming
:D

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree if you look at the Kicking horse web cam on the weather network the snow isn't accumulating yet there was hardly a sciff today.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be advised to stay out of Gorman till after Christmas the lake needs to freeze before you go in there and BIG landmines!!

very true we were in last year dec 21 and we did not look back crossing the lake we saw wet spots be careful and smart,,, man was it deep we barely made it past the lake lol and there are some big rocks that need to get burried

be cautios of slides early season in gorman, that same day we had one rip on one of our guys and we were with a 65 year old man riding the exact area for 20 plus years and he said he has never seen snow move on the slope that went on us,,, its best to let that place build up and rip down then go enjoy late jan for the rest of the year until the rest comes down in spring...

be safe

thammer

Reaction score
ya good point! i forgot that about gorman. only been there a couple times ands its usually in january or febuary.
Be advised to stay out of Gorman till after Christmas the lake needs to freeze before you go in there and BIG landmines!!

Top Bottom