Quartz Creek 2011/12

Sparky's

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last Tuesday was at quarts and had a blast. The trail was smooth as glass and only three of us all day in there. The snow was getting pounded down hard but the snow aloud us into area 51. Back in there was lots of untouched and may even give the chance of getting further back into the next bowl if one has the power.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last Tuesday was at quarts and had a blast. The trail was smooth as glass and only three of us all day in there. The snow was getting pounded down hard but the snow aloud us into area 51. Back in there was lots of untouched and may even give the chance of getting further back into the next bowl if one has the power.

oh sparky a week can bring a lot of change, should be over the hood snow today, may be a little avi danger. and no yer polaris will not make it . hehe

yettipowwow

Reaction score
Went into Quartz yesterday. It was super deep powder in past the cabin, there was some old tracks but never really felt them. The snow was constantly going over the hood! The risk of avy is high back in there, I wouldn't do any hill climbing back in there as a pair of guys found out the hard way yesterday when an avy came down and destroyed his new RMK. They both walked away, which is good. Also another tip for anyone going there watch out for thieves going after your truck. A couple us guys got back to are truck and found someone had stolen stuff from them. Both vechiles were locked. I lost my credit cards and the other lost his iphone and some other stuff. Damn theives!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went into Quartz yesterday. It was super deep powder in past the cabin, there was some old tracks but never really felt them. The snow was constantly going over the hood! The risk of avy is high back in there, I wouldn't do any hill climbing back in there as a pair of guys found out the hard way yesterday when an avy came down and destroyed his new RMK. They both walked away, which is good. Also another tip for anyone going there watch out for thieves going after your truck. A couple us guys got back to are truck and found someone had stolen stuff from them. Both vechiles were locked. I lost my credit cards and the other lost his iphone and some other stuff. Damn theives!

shitty luckman, pain in the azz, you at the first lot or by the pass booth.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This has been a problem at Quartz for years and is becoming an issue now at other parking lots. There will be a time where we will need to start paying higher trail fees so that the collecters can stay through the afternoon to stop theft. Nothing like driving back to Calgary in the winter with a broken side window....

yettipowwow

Reaction score
I was at the lot by the pass booth. I would consider paying a little extra on my pass to make sure my truck and personal stuff is safe. I'm just glad that they didn't break the windows in my truck to get inside.

yettipowwow

Reaction score
Yeah they must have. Doors were locked when I left and alarm set. But an alarm isn't any good if no one is around to hear it. Couldn't see any marks on the vechile from it and they got to my truck probably between 12 and 2. It was snowing heavy that day that there wasn't even any tracks around the truck when I got back later that day around 5:30. I know they stopped by around 12 and 2 because my credit card bought them some gas at the golden petro around 3:00! and then they ventured back to Calgary and tried to buy something really expensive at future shop, thank god to maxed out credit cards from the sled season, lol.

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah we are having a good snow year!
Oo7oXjWDOczwL2ndjk9Wb376w.jpg

TKOOIL

Reaction score
How is 51,52?did you drop the cornice at sh_tstain?Coming out on the weekend and gonna ride one day at quartz,silent,and maybe the mines if avy conditions come around a bit?

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't left cabin trees yet... too dangerous out there to travel! Maga bowl slid so big it would make our butt pucker just seeing the debris....
I was in the trees riding above the cabin today and heard a cornice failure / slide in area 51 that scared the (ch!t) out of me...
Awesome days for playing in the trees but I wouldn't step out beyond that yet.
Beside the trees are UNREAL deep right now. A few tracks in there today finally however it's suppose to snow 40cm in the next 24hrs with snow in the forecast for the next 7 days....
Sounds good to me!

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding solo morrow....if anyone I've riden with before around more then welcome to play

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding solo morrow....if anyone I've riden with before around more then welcome to play

lets us know how it is we rideing friday undecided where to go west or sw........

Last edited:

vexcom

Reaction score
I haven't left cabin trees yet... too dangerous out there to travel! Maga bowl slid so big it would make our butt pucker just seeing the debris....
I was in the trees riding above the cabin today and heard a cornice failure / slide in area 51 that scared the (ch!t) out of me...
Awesome days for playing in the trees but I wouldn't step out beyond that yet.
Beside the trees are UNREAL deep right now. A few tracks in there today finally however it's suppose to snow 40cm in the next 24hrs with snow in the forecast for the next 7 days....
Sounds good to me!
i was at gorman today holy ch!t do not go four slides just on the trail, go my sled and dads sleds stuck just as a slide came down one the TRAIL started runin and the slide stoped like 30 feet from our sleds we also ran into the grommer who was stuck lol but would say gorman is a no go lol

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was at gorman today holy ch!t do not go four slides just on the trail, go my sled and dads sleds stuck just as a slide came down one the TRAIL started runin and the slide stoped like 30 feet from our sleds we also ran into the grommer who was stuck lol but would say gorman is a no go lol

I dont see the humour but yes I wouldnt even enter Gorman this weekend...........

Top Bottom