Quartz Creek 2011/12

padleym1000

Reaction score
I want to go ride quartz i on jan 28th and 29th i only been there once and was hopeing to find a group to tag along with i have been riding for 20 years so im not going to slow you up.:D

thanks..josh

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats where we board down to the cabbing off the ridge to the cabin, some of those lines would suck to get a sled into...
Quartz Jan 14th snowmobiling - YouTube
Quartz on Saturday the 14th. My buddy (did the filming) and I. This was my first real day up in the mountains. The beginning is a great way to use your friends as anchors to get out of an unbelievable steep tight chute in the trees. Not sure why he wanted to head into those trees, but it was sketchy on a sled. Would have been great on my skis though. It's a roughly put together video over lunch hour.
Enjoy!

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in Quartz Parking lot this morning! It was DEEP!! Gotta LOVE snow warning! On the flip side it was a parking fiasco... Trucks with decks on the left parking lot, Trucks with trailers to the right! Signs will be going up soon to match this concept. Both the parking lot and trail were groomed last night and there was already a solid 10-15cm in the parking lot this morning and snowing HARD!!
YEEHAAAA!!!

Reactions: oly

cbsharp

Reaction score
Two of us going to quartz on saturday the 28th. Looking for a few people to ride with just so we got more than two. Cheers

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were up in Quartz on the 20 and 21 climbing the bunny hills on the first day, then playing in the trees the second day, snow was real good in the trees, but the turbo cats were not so good. Pretty disapointed in a group of guys we met on the trail on the way down on Sat night, we were the last group at the cabin, and it was left a mess, so we cleaned up as much empties and garbage as we could but never got it all, then on the way down we ran into a group of 3 guys on the trail who were asking for help cause they were stuck in creek, so we went in and helped them get out (There were 5 of us so it made for quick work), 3 of us left after getting them out of the creek and 2 of our guys had to wait for one of there guys to move to get back to the trail, One of the guys in our group got stuck going around one of the guys in there group, Guess what they did, put there helmats on and left Real swell guys, I wish we would have seen them again. And I hope they come onto snow and mud once in awhile, if you do Thanks guys

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were up in Quartz on the 20 and 21 climbing the bunny hills on the first day, then playing in the trees the second day, snow was real good in the trees, but the turbo cats were not so good. Pretty disapointed in a group of guys we met on the trail on the way down on Sat night, we were the last group at the cabin, and it was left a mess, so we cleaned up as much empties and garbage as we could but never got it all, then on the way down we ran into a group of 3 guys on the trail who were asking for help cause they were stuck in creek, so we went in and helped them get out (There were 5 of us so it made for quick work), 3 of us left after getting them out of the creek and 2 of our guys had to wait for one of there guys to move to get back to the trail, One of the guys in our group got stuck going around one of the guys in there group, Guess what they did, put there helmats on and left Real swell guys, I wish we would have seen them again. And I hope they come onto snow and mud once in awhile, if you do Thanks guys

Once again one loses there confidence in our fellow man. I would have looked them up when I got to the parking lot and given them a piece of my mind.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know im not scare to get stuck and always stop to help others when i see them stuck as I expect the same from all of us but theat is so wrong when your stuck in a creek. But your right Snopro we loose faith quickly sometimes..... but as generally speaking.... sledders are a GREAT bunch of guys and will not stop helping when i can because of a bad apple
RP

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know im not scare to get stuck and always stop to help others when i see them stuck as I expect the same from all of us but theat is so wrong when your stuck in a creek. But your right Snopro we loose faith quickly sometimes..... but as generally speaking.... sledders are a GREAT bunch of guys and will not stop helping when i can because of a bad apple
RP

Don't get me wrong I'm not going to quit stopping and helping people (we all will need help at sometime) because of one bad apple I was just really hoping who ever it was would step up to the plate here and take there tounge lashing, we wanted to track them down in the parking lot but pretty sure they were already gone.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Quartz on Saturday. Found one area above the cabin that was not pounded out. Measured 255 cm snow depth. Did see 3 sleds all climbing at the same time in the bowl up and right of the cabin. Not the smartest thing in my option. They were even going up and around each other when stuck.

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading out for a ride Saturday with the wife looks like kicking horse had some fresh snow this week might even be sunny!! They still groom quartz Friday nights?

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headed to Quartz on Sunday with a first time mountain sledder, hopefully the conditions will be ok, if anyone has pics from this week would be gret to see.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so whats the word... is worth the drive on saturday????

or Gorman??? anyone been this week???

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey John. We will be riding gorman or quartz sat-Sunday

I guess the snow sucks but looks sunny

Haven't had a sunny day to ride this year yet so I'm going to take it

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey John. We will be riding gorman or quartz sat-Sunday

I guess the snow sucks but looks sunny

Haven't had a sunny day to ride this year yet so I'm going to take it

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

yes sun is nice for sure...... I think we look n south now.... just a day pull

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They get some new snow this week out at quartz? No kids hockey this weekend looking to ride!! Forecast says snowing for weekend thought tree riding in quartz would be fun, let us know anyone who's been there recently.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was out there last weekend. And was able to make it into area 52. I would say it was probably close to 2 feet back there, about a foot everyelse... Got lots of gopro footage but no pictures. Hope this helps, it seems no one really post about Golden....

Top Bottom