Quartz Conditions

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
We were out on saturday and it wasnt good... lots of hidden rocks...busted up my sled:( needs at least 4feet of snow before id go there again,,,wouldn't waist your time goin there for a few weeks

just got the same kind of report from GSR. Might head to Fernie tomorrow instead.

bigcatjay

Reaction score
Any one going out Dec 12 and 13 or 9 and 10th? Looking for someone to ride with on my days off.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got the same kind of report from GSR. Might head to Fernie tomorrow instead.

Fernie was fun on the weekend but other than a few honeyholes and the pipeline being untracked.... which we tracked the crap out of,there is no base,if you can stay away from cut areas with stumps and logs all over the place you'll have fun......
IMO, I would spend the extra hour and a half in your truck and drive to Revy.:)

whickey

Reaction score
I love it when the ski is so blue that it looks like it is almost night time

hypnotoad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any one planning on heading out this weekend, wanting to go riding but never ridin the golden area before. wouldn't mind being shown around a bit

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Was in Quartz yesterday. It was groomed till the last bridge. Not worth the trip in right now. Dug a pit hit ground at 3 feet. The 3 feet that we do have in there is like concrete, completley tracked out. Lots of landmines visable that I have never seen in there before. Need at least a couple feet of snow before I would head in again.

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your time in Quartz until there is more snow. Groomed about 2/3 of the way.

Skyhigh

Reaction score
Was out there Saturday, the snow wasn't very good until we dropped into area 51. There is a tonne more snow in there and no one wants to ride it yet. We had a blast!

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
I was in on Sun doing my Avy training and 51 did look good from Avy Alley. I wish that forecast posted above said HEAVY Snowfall warning! Instead of scattered flurries.

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
Hey guys, any fresh stuff in golden anywhere. I've only ever been to revy, but golden is closer to red deer. Me and a buddy looking to go this weekend coming up. Any info would be great guys, and what would be the best riding areas. I know where quartz is that's why I'm posting here. Not looking for any super conditions but we haven't been out yet this year. Thanks guys

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, any fresh stuff in golden anywhere. I've only ever been to revy, but golden is closer to red deer. Me and a buddy looking to go this weekend coming up. Any info would be great guys, and what would be the best riding areas. I know where quartz is that's why I'm posting here. Not looking for any super conditions but we haven't been out yet this year. Thanks guys
looks like sunday is going to be a dump in golden so you may want to go Sat or monday
just a thought. check snow-forcast.com for kicking horse for forcast. Its about time!!!
:d:d

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where does the trails start in golden??? or where is the unload spots?

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
can't make it monday but thinking of going out on friday, sat, possible a little bit on sun. anyone else wanna come?

Top Bottom