quads and a travel trailer

keith

Reaction score
hey guys brand new to this site....was doing some reading and i think someone or many can answer my question.....I have a Ford F350 with a 32' travel trailer. I want to haul my two quads along with my trailer. I am concerned that when I put the tailgate down to haul even one of them it interferes with the crank and propane bottles. I guess my question is...does anyone haul two quads on a 1 ton while towing their travel trailer and how does it not interfere with your trailer?:confused:

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you get a sled deck just make sure it is flush with the end of your truck box. Marathon or stf make nice ones for short box trucks

d jones

Reaction score
Decks work great but be careful when turning so the deck doesn't poke a hole in the front of your trailer.Don't ask how I know.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hauled 2 full sized quads , one mini quad and gen set on my deck pulling a travel trailer , worked great

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep best way is a deck,but like what was said just watch when you trun that you dont hit the trailer . you could always get a longer recivers that slides in to the one under the truck should give you about 6-10 incthes more. I did after the fact and already had a hole in the front of the trailer good thing the trailer was old didnt even know I had done it till we were at the campsite.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Same thing just have to say is that it doesnt have to be anything fancy steel deck works just fine.

Go find a old sled trailer. 8x8 or 6x8. Cut the axle, and springs out. AND wella...theres yer deck. Drill holes that match your stake pockets, and your done:d OH don't forget to give it a quick splash of paint, and no one will know any different.:beer::beer:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
One more thing. A lot of deck companies, make decks with retractable side. I know that Marathon Decks ensure's that you can side load as well. I had one, and it worked great. (Also saves the front of your trailer) :)

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just curious even with a 6ft or the 7 ft decks which would be flush or very close to flush with the rear bumper on a 6.5ft box
is threre still a turning issue with an average holiday trailer if you have the slide out sides extended ?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
just curious even with a 6ft or the 7 ft decks which would be flush or very close to flush with the rear bumper on a 6.5ft box
is threre still a turning issue with an average holiday trailer if you have the slide out sides extended ?

Yes.....When I punched the hole in my trailer, I didn't check the turning radius enough:rant: I had an 8' deck(Marathon w/retractable sides), with a 8' box. The deck itself sat inside the box
But it's the beaver tail that caught the trailer(flush with the back bumper). If you have no beaver tail it should clear nicely:) But then where do you hook your ramps????
Don't make the same mistake that few of us already have, and make SURE, that you have a spotter when you jack knife your rig.:d

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too use a deck but please use caution when unloading i have had years of experience and had an accident on fathers day last year the quad came over backwards when unloading it was a wake up call i tried to kick myself away but it still landed on me broke my l5 vertabrae and fractured my pelvis my 8 year old daughhter watched it all happen she would not come see me for a month and a half ( i was laying there not breathing eyes open and large black pupils my wife said before i came too) . I AM DAMN LUCKY TO BE WALKING all am saying is just use with caution anything can happen no matter the experience

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you may want to look at buying a longer ramp I had a10 foot with the deck I had and never had it to a point were it would be enough of a incline to flip over backwards. just my 2 cents

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
No holes in the front of my trailer(touch wood)

Attachments

• Quadding May Long 2008 001.jpg
    Quadding May Long 2008 001.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 40

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you may want to look at buying a longer ramp I had a10 foot with the deck I had and never had it to a point were it would be enough of a incline to flip over backwards. just my 2 cents

i have 11.5 ft ramps the quad has engine braking and it works in reverse it is what caught me by suprise it had never kicked in before and the polaris kicks in really hard compared to my uncles can am i believe this is the biggest issue i now put it in neutral to unload all the time and just let it roll

supermax

Reaction score
I have an STF deck on my '03 GMC 2500 4x4 short box, with two Rubicons on it. I had to make an extended hitch to move the ball back about 9"......after I poked two holes in my trailer......:(

Top Bottom