Quading at Spring Lake

Rookie

Reaction score
i dont think its is that big of an area to go rideing. i lived in La Glace for a while and have been there a few times. Course if you head towards the saddle hills there are tons of trails that way.if you made camp there I guess you couldmake a day ride up to spirit river, that would be a good run.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is quading areas there but you can not quad out of the campsite you have to trailer out unload and go from there but it can be done

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Just before the 10km marker on the Spring Lake road is Boone Creek. You can ride west from there to Fish Lake. There is a cabin on the south shore but it's been a few years since we've been in there. Tried to go out last year but never made it. There are lots of cut lines to explore to. Saddle Hills is one of our favorite areas. We unload north of Sexsmith at the towers and ride west to Hilltop Lake. Makes for a long but fun day.

Attachments

• 102_3252.jpg
    102_3252.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 100108 030.jpg
    100108 030.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 100108 031.jpg
    100108 031.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 57
  • 100108 032.jpg
    100108 032.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 53
  • DCP_3422.jpg
    DCP_3422.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 42

grizzley1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like a good place to go,might half to try that some day

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how do you there form rycroft it looks like a good area to play.
Hey there Mavrick how do you like your 420?Do you find it heats up and plugs the rad too easy?I have 2 of the same bikes with 26s on them.:wavymsn:

buddyconway

Reaction score
Hey mavrick. Do you have a map of the area, where exactly do I unload for the trails north of Sexsmith coming from GP?

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey there Mavrick how do you like your 420?Do you find it heats up and plugs the rad too easy?I have 2 of the same bikes with 26s on them.:wavymsn:

so far I enjoy the 420 never had it plug up or over heat yet and have had it wasit deep in muskeg. I had a popo before and had over heating issuses but the hondas rad seems to be better protected....have you had over heating problems with yours?

koda9192

Reaction score
Hey RMK junkie, where are these towers? We have always been driving right up to Hilltop lake then unloading, the less we have to drive the better.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Hey RMK junkie, where are these towers? We have always been driving right up to Hilltop lake then unloading, the less we have to drive the better.

North of Sexsmith to the first speed corner and take a left. Go north maybe 8km or so to the towers. We unload at the last one on the right. Then continue north on the gravel road another 1/4 mile and there is an old logging road to the left. I can't remember the name now but you can't miss it. It's good to use a GPS in this area if your not familiar with the trails just to pinpoint your travel. It's easy to loose your sense of direction in this area because of the trails criss crossing.

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so far I enjoy the 420 never had it plug up or over heat yet and have had it wasit deep in muskeg. I had a popo before and had over heating issuses but the hondas rad seems to be better protected....have you had over heating problems with yours?
Ya i can't keep it cool even a bit.And the rad i find gets plugged off very easy the 26s throw mud right at the back of it in mud.If i have to be on the throttle hard it don't take long to see the idiot light.:beer:

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

hey koda i will take you this summer im not far from there. i would like to correct where the pictures "rmk junkie" has here they a re from the snowmobile trails we were with him that weekend it was a blast that is my buddy airan's rzr in the one picture

koda9192

Reaction score
hey koda i will take you this summer im not far from there. i would like to correct where the pictures "rmk junkie" has here they a re from the snowmobile trails we were with him that weekend it was a blast that is my buddy airan's rzr in the one picture

Sounds good, i enjoyed riding up there just didn't like driving to Hilltop to unload.

bengp1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u guys mind an extra rider w you one weekend?

Top Bottom