quadding with out legs/ or feet

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does any one know any one that quads with out legs or a right foot, because I'm trying to prove a point in a personal case, thanks.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Brad (stumpy on here) is an amputee and he can outride me, on a sled anyway...

spikeydave

Reaction score
A buddy of mine has a good friend in Penticton that quads and sleds and has no legs or use of his legs. He has dogs that he cougar hunts with and I think he even runs a trap line. He has a handheld winch he uses to get himself unstuck on his sled. My buddy has a hard time keeping up with him and at first was in awe of how he could go where he did and do what he does without anu assistance. The guy goes out into the wilderness most of the time with only his dogs.

stealth 800

Reaction score
My uncle only has 1 leg and i took him skidooing and he could out ride most of the guys ive rode with !!!

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have thanked you all for your input, the reason why. Well I better not mention why, thanks though.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they call it thumb control not leg control.

if who ever is gonna be sitting not standing get him a popo or a can-am tho. otherwise he will have back problems next :p

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I have thanked you all for your input, the reason why. Well I better not mention why, thanks though.

Guess what!!!!!!!!!..... oh never mind... :rant:

Brad bought a quad - he may go to the jamboree, so maybe he will outride you again :d

I'm sure he will doubt I'm even takin any machines... just goin for the party this year

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
I have seen many that quad and sled with a head amputation,,,,, Just Saying,,,,,, I have ridden with an left arm amputee, "Lefty Q" he rides quads real well,,,, has a left handle throttle for when he needs his right arm on the left side,,,,

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We've talked about this many times when it comes to closing trails. Comes down to discrimination, some people just aren't physically able to hike or ride a mountain bike to enjoy the trails and views. I've always wondered how it would go over if it went to court.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know your right.

also most of the people that made all these trails to begin with used some sort of machine to do it.

you don't see mountain bikers breaking trails or people on horse back packing chain saws.

fking people always wanting to take over stuff.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know your right.

also most of the people that made all these trails to begin with used some sort of machine to do it.

you don't see mountain bikers breaking trails or people on horse back packing chain saws.

fking people always wanting to take over stuff.

No kidding. They want to ban quads? Fine good luck pulling a trailer with chainsaws, shovels and pulling trees off the trail with your mountain bike

Mud Mum

Reaction score
My thought, unless you're playing really hard in the mud and need leverage, riding a quad doesn't rely on your feet. Hand throttle control, hand brake and, unless you have a standard, any gear changes are by hand too. Good luck!

D (yeah it's me)

Stumpy

Reaction score
ttt
Quadding Sledding anything with a throttle can be adapted Iknow as i have done it Stumpy is my name and fun is the game its only a flesh wound ,is my moto .Please if anyone needs encouragement or advice let me know if I can HELP?

Stumpy was given to me by my friends as my right leg is amputated above the knee in a sled accident 17 yrs ago and im still going strong .

Its a bitc .... sometimes , but with the right crew all is good :cool:

Top Bottom