Quadding on the snowmobile trails out of Caroline Snowmobile Club Staging Area.

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is never a good idea to quad on snowmobile trails.
Why you ask?
1- it has probably taken 30 years of land / owner PR work to get the trust established to allow at trail to be put in.
2- a large group of volunteers spent thousands of hours setting it trail up, marking, clearing, brushing, signing and finally maintaining those trails
3- once the trail is going the club needs some form of a groomer to help level the natural terrain to make it rideable
4- for every inch of quad rut made and dried into the trail the groomer as to make another pass over it to fill in the ruts. If not the sled ski wants to follow the rut and can be very dangerous if the sled is doing much speed then hits a rut and moves over sideways spilling the rider off.
5- each trail grooming will cost the club $250.00 to $1000.00 to groom it up. That's after it has made as many passes as it takes to foil all ruts and holes in the trail. Therefore the smoother trail base to start the season the better it groomed up with less passes which saves the club valuable money to use to groom during the remainder of the season
6- if you quad can drive on the snowmobile trail then why can't the 1000cc side by sides at 144 HP. And if they can why can't the jeeps go on it or a full size pickup
7- snowmobiles pay for permits to ride snowmobile trail.

Organize your quads to establish quad trails and maintain them

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why you ask?
1- it has probably taken 30 years of land / owner PR work to get the trust established to allow at trail to be put in.
2- a large group of volunteers spent thousands of hours setting it trail up, marking, clearing, brushing, signing and finally maintaining those trails
3- once the trail is going the club needs some form of a groomer to help level the natural terrain to make it rideable
4- for every inch of quad rut made and dried into the trail the groomer as to make another pass over it to fill in the ruts. If not the sled ski wants to follow the rut and can be very dangerous if the sled is doing much speed then hits a rut and moves over sideways spilling the rider off.
5- each trail grooming will cost the club $250.00 to $1000.00 to groom it up. That's after it has made as many passes as it takes to foil all ruts and holes in the trail. Therefore the smoother trail base to start the season the better it groomed up with less passes which saves the club valuable money to use to groom during the remainder of the season
6- if you quad can drive on the snowmobile trail then why can't the 1000cc side by sides at 144 HP. And if they can why can't the jeeps go on it or a full size pickup

Lol, right good luck with telling quadders that down in caroline. Lol
you will have better luck jumping in front of a semi

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been riding those trails for 15 years on sled and atv. Maintenance required or done is minimal. They aren't a closed area in summer and open to all. I've never seen them groomed once so I don't think riding in the summer is an issue.
It's a mix of everything. Great riding.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

WinchBreaker

Reaction score
Why you ask?

Thank you Ministik Man for your comments.

I respect your comments, wishes, and the amount of work that has been done by folks to get any trails to where they are. I will ride somewhere else.

Thank you again and please keep up the good work.

Wemac

Reaction score
Lots of other trails to ride out there that aren't snowmobile trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking minisk has no idea of trail system down carline, rocky or sundre area. :beer:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm thinking minisk has no idea of trail system down carline, rocky or sundre area. :beer:

I'm betting he's got more knowledge of them than you may believe........ He's just issuing a simple "be respectful" warning.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm betting he's got more knowledge of them than you may believe........ He's just issuing a simple "be respectful" warning.

doesn't sound like it? groomed trails? there are few signs scattered about, a few memorials, one on arctic cat hill, rode there lots summer and winter, don't recall any groomed trails? don't think i'd be telling anyone they can't ride a quad out there either!

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Comparing a sxs to a jeep now . We screwed .

People are putting turbo's and 36's + on these things...lol Not much different than a jeep at all. I like Jeeps though......

PS: OP Caroline is Quad, SxS and yes Jeep country......

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Samaris can be pretty cool too.

images

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About 2000lbs

Samuri specs:
Dimensions. Wheelbase, 79.9". Overall Length, 135.0". Overall Width, 60.6". Overall Height, 64.6". Curb Weight, 2,059lbs

Wow, didnt know a 1000RZR wieghs only 59LBS thats incredible!

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do respect the trails in caroline in the winter but game on come summertime . They are fun

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Add some 44" boggers , upgraded diffs , etc etc etc , they do not use stock chit .

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Samuri specs:
Dimensions. Wheelbase, 79.9". Overall Length, 135.0". Overall Width, 60.6". Overall Height, 64.6". Curb Weight, 2,059lbs

Wow, didnt know a 1000RZR wieghs only 59LBS thats incredible!

Did I or anyone mention samuri ????? Only Jeeps and trucks were .

Top Bottom