Provincial fire ban

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha this is so true, I've seen it.And if it's dark all four wear black, turn your lights off and dangle your legs in n front of moving tires...........haha seen it in Conklin!!!

Haha, yeah Ive seen 2 or 3 just on the front rack lol

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im just wondering why single out the ORV crowd? All back country access should have been stopped. I hiker with a cigarette can be more dangerous.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Off road jeeps ect can start a fire just like a quad

Years ago I used to have a mud truck, went 4x4 ing and drove back with it 10 miles to town

In the 10 miles, the skeg in the box started on fire from the exhaust

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes rig street is good to go for campfires and quads as long as you are south of the Clearwater river

camoJoe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was , until they adjusted it, there is a wildfire map on the Alberta Government site

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check Alberta bans, but use their new beta map, I called last weekend because it showed pine lake without a ban, but on their new beta map we were just north of the cutoff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We called a few days ago about OHV riding

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you guys are looking at but when I read the map it still says fire ban in effect except for bbq, propane pit etc.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sad I have to go to different sites to get the needed info. So west of Rocky "Safe campfires are allowed in fire rings in campgrounds only. No campfires (or other open fires) or charcoal briquettes are allowed in backcountry or random camping areas. Gas or propane stoves/barbeques and portable propane fire pits are allowed. Fire permits may be suspended or cancelled and no new fire permits will be issued. If the situation continues to worsen, Alberta Agriculture and Forestry will put on a fire ban."

West of Sundre is "The fire hazard rating has increased. Fire permits may be restricted. Safe campfires are allowed in campgrounds and backcountry or random camping areas, but this level is a warning they may be restricted if the situation doesn’t improve."

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel better now that I have it figured out.

You are looking at the old info, no fire or atv bans south of hwy 11 to rocky and then on the south side of clearwater river out to banff park. All the way south,, we are already set up suds buds are in day bush quadding n having campfire

Top Bottom