Property guys vs. Comfree

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the last 2 homes I sold took a combined time of 3 days, the realtor took 24,000(roughly) bucks for 3 days work, no advertising costs etc., I felt like I had been violated a bit, yes realtors are needed for some applications but next time it will be property guys for me, it may take a little longer but I end up with more in my pocket.....and yes I got what I wanted for both homes the realtor sold, it just would have been nice to see him earn it !!!

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't help but think there is some collusion between realtors. One house I looked and passed on last year sold for 525K, it's going back on the market at 750K with no improvements. Why are bare 1/4's of pasture land priced at 500K???

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't help but think there is some collusion between realtors. One house I looked and passed on last year sold for 525K, it's going back on the market at 750K with no improvements. Why are bare 1/4's of pasture land priced at 500K???

15 yrs ago, some realtors in town were fined 250,000 bucks for buying houses and not selling them causing a housing shortage and artificially raising the prices....I do think they work together more than we know !!!

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I just looked at 7 acre of bare land under water for 139000 ... Seriously where do they figure these number from .... I guess it is water front so maybe that's why

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pending sale on my place with property guys, got just under asking.
I feel for the work put in realtors are grossly overpaid as well, ill always sell privately, its just giving away way too much money.
Sold land with a for sale sign, a townhouse with comfree now an acreage with property guys, all have sold fairly quickly with no real headaches and xtra coin saved from 0 commission that went towards the next mortgage....

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow,,,your will informed..:rolleyes:

I would agree, if you meant well informed, that is.

The best part about this whole thread is the lack of convincing arguments against those who believe realtors are leaches, greedy, and untalented. Enjoy your ride, it's about to come to a screeching halt.

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
15 yrs ago, some realtors in town were fined 250,000 bucks for buying houses and not selling them causing a housing shortage and artificially raising the prices....I do think they work together more than we know !!!

Of course they never would. They work under a code of ethics. They're professionals you know. Not only that, us mere property owners are much to stupid to figure it out. They're way smerter than us. They done gradiated from a two week course.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would agree, if you meant well informed, that is.

The best part about this whole thread is the lack of convincing arguments against those who believe realtors are leaches, greedy, and untalented. Enjoy your ride, it's about to come to a screeching halt.

Yes lots of opinions. People can make there own choice of what they want to do..

Your enjoy your ride comment is well kind of dumb..Realtors will be around for a long time.

Last edited:

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A little off topic but I'm looking at selling my house right now don't really want to do Comfree as I have to be at home to show the house and my weekends in summer are worth a lot to me. Has anyone had good experiences with the discounted realtors like 2% realtors or ones that charge less than the "standard" rate ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you think Realtors are overpaid because they don't do enough to earn their fee, so you're gonna pay the com free fees which are less and expect them to do absolutely nothing. Hmmm .
as usual we're gonna here all the positive only , my house sold before I even thought of selling privately and I sold 10 previous homes with 0 issues and saved a million dollars , blah blah. But reality is some people need a Realtor full service, maybe because of their schedule, they have to move before the sale, lack of expertise, soft market, tough to get financing, stigmatized property, to many competitive properties on market, or they just need a go between, whatever. A buddy of mine went to Vegas , stuck in a hundred and won $ 50 k. So we should all book our flights and go get our $50 g's. Yeah right. There are a ton of horror stories the other direction , usually when the private seller experiences a train wreck, first person they call is a Realtor. One of my favorites is when these expert private sellers don't need a Realtor, then call about 3 of them and get market evaluations, for free, and run their open houses in conjunction with the Realtor ones.
Some people fix their own vehicles, some people pour their own cement, some cut their own hair. But there will always be a need for a true honest full service Realtor, for those who want that service, if you don't , no sweat fill your boots. I think one of the things Realtors as an industry has to do is stop providing all the relavent sales and comparable data and making so many of their services available for free with the expectation that that is going to somehow come back to benefit them or be appreciated in some way by industry non members, , as is becoming more and more evident, it isn't and probably won't be.

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you think Realtors are overpaid because they don't do enough to earn their fee, so you're gonna pay the com free fees which are less and expect them to do absolutely nothing. Hmmm .
as usual we're gonna here all the positive only , my house sold before I even thought of selling privately and I sold 10 previous homes with 0 issues and saved a million dollars , blah blah. But reality is some people need a Realtor full service, maybe because of their schedule, they have to move before the sale, lack of expertise, soft market, tough to get financing, stigmatized property, to many competitive properties on market, or they just need a go between, whatever. A buddy of mine went to Vegas , stuck in a hundred and won $ 50 k. So we should all book our flights and go get our $50 g's. Yeah right. There are a ton of horror stories the other direction , usually when the private seller experiences a train wreck, first person they call is a Realtor. One of my favorites is when these expert private sellers don't need a Realtor, then call about 3 of them and get market evaluations, for free, and run their open houses in conjunction with the Realtor ones.
Some people fix their own vehicles, some people pour their own cement, some cut their own hair. But there will always be a need for a true honest full service Realtor, for those who want that service, if you don't , no sweat fill your boots. I think one of the things Realtors as an industry has to do is stop providing all the relavent sales and comparable data and making so many of their services available for free with the expectation that that is going to somehow come back to benefit them or be appreciated in some way by industry non members, , as is becoming more and more evident, it isn't and probably won't be.

Yes I agree, the real estate industry should be run more like the covert organization that it takes its game plans from, the mafia

Syclone74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remax in tumbler ridge just got shut down cause of people putting deposits down on houses they're going to buy but it wasn't going towards their house. It just disappeared But that's just one little area. I don't know all the details but it was on CBC tonight.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have used Comfree with decent results,no idea about property guys..........Honestly most of our sales are from Kijiji...LOL

Good pictures are a MUST......

Also my son is a licensed real estate appraiser, this is important in terms of setting value. He could help you out. For financing its all about the Appraisal price. Know what it is before you list.......

good Luck.........!

im on my third house and ive never heard of needing or using an appraiser. i didnt even use realtors or comfree just 2 lawyers and a inspector for the last one. i put a fuking sign on my lawn lmao !!!

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I agree, the real estate industry should be run more like the covert organization that it takes its game plans from, the mafia

LOL, Yeah, it's an organized conspiracy, luckily you're smart enough to protect yourself.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the buyer needs financing ,the bank wants a certified appraisal..............
It really is that simple...........

That's simply not true. It may be because of the area you're in but most places a very small percentage of deals include an appraisal. And that includes high ratio and conventional financing. Depends on the lender and insurer, and by a huge majority lately there isn't an appraisal called for. Sorry.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my current home privately and the morgage holding bank provided the appraiser free of charge, and the orginaized the viewing

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my current home privately and the morgage holding bank provided the appraiser free of charge, and the orginaized the viewing

Buying real-estate in Fort st John is sorta like gambling. LOL.

Top Bottom