Problems on Indian Reserve

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
You think reserves are bad? try living in brooks. this town is getting worse by the year.

Been there done that. Worked on the rigs there, i can say the town is nice, it's got everything one would want, walmart, canadian tire, safeway, services, parts store, but the people... no thanks.

I also worked in Regina Saskatchewan, in the back alleys, re-doing them, digging out the old material and laying in new material. And let me tell you, north central Regina is basically a reserve. No respect for anything, no respect for eachother or themselves, needles everywhere(not just the first nation's though), and just how they live, they sit at home, come out back and just bitch and scream because they're trying to sleep and we're making so much noise with the machinery ripping their alley out. Just a couple years ago there was one particular fellow who was huffing propane, and he sat in his back yard watching us work huffing propane for 3 days, until one day he snapped and came out at us with a knife. That just shows they have absolutely nothing to do and it gets them into trouble!

My main thing that i would LOVE to see is....

MANDATORY DRUG AND ALCOHOL TESTING FOR WELFARE BENEFITS!

In no way is that "racist" or "discriminatory", there is a lot of white folk wasting welfare benefits along with first nations.

Last edited:

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been there done that. Worked on the rigs there, i can say the town is nice, it's got everything one would want, walmart, canadian tire, safeway, services, parts store, but the people... no thanks.

....such a waste of a nice Ab town damn!!!

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
....such a waste of a nice Ab town damn!!!

There's so many jobs there with the oil and gas industry, but i would never go back... Just the idea of crossing the wrong path of one guy, and with the town being so small it's not hard to find someone, and then there's 10-12 guys on your door step? Mess with one, you get the whole side of town after you...

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's so many jobs there with the oil and gas industry, but i would never go back... Just the idea of crossing the wrong path of one guy, and with the town being so small it's not hard to find someone, and then there's 10-12 guys on your door step? Mess with one, you get the whole side of town after you...

totally yup, I wrked around there for the last 10 yrs in the patch as well and just stay away, not worth the BS!!!

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw on the news that the chief kicked the federal investigator off the reserve for wanting to see how the indians are spending their federal grant money!He said the feds are trying to cover up the living conditions on the reserve!What's this chief trying to hide!!Why would this reserve be any worse than any other in that province don't they all get about the same money per person!If the chief is up to something maybe they should take care of it themselves instead of pointing the finger at the white mans government!Aren't these councils on the reserve voted on by their residents?If the council is crooked get rid of them!!

Saw this too, MORE money is NOT the answer...............We need to look into how the money is alloted. It`s sad when we have to protect them from there own people. We can not win , they want more money but do not WANT to account for it. If we give more cash and want an accounting we are running there show !! If we refuse cash, we don`t care and have abandoned them.

Every Band council should be audited once a year...........

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw on the news that the chief kicked the federal investigator off the reserve for wanting to see how the indians are spending their federal grant money!He said the feds are trying to cover up the living conditions on the reserve!What's this chief trying to hide!!Why would this reserve be any worse than any other in that province don't they all get about the same money per person!If the chief is up to something maybe they should take care of it themselves instead of pointing the finger at the white mans government!Aren't these councils on the reserve voted on by their residents?If the council is crooked get rid of them!!

What a #ucking joke........... There needs to be a major federal inquiry launched into the funds distributed to First Nations. I just watched the National news and there was not ONE MENTION of this. What a major change from a week ago or so when this first began!

What is this chief and council trying to hide????????????? I'll tell you what............about $90 Million Dollars!

Every Citizen in Canada should be outraged over this!

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a #ucking joke........... There needs to be a major federal inquiry launched into the funds distributed to First Nations. I just watched the National news and there was not ONE MENTION of this. What a major change from a week ago or so when this first began!

What is this chief and council trying to hide????????????? I'll tell you what............about $90 Million Dollars!

Every Citizen in Canada should be outraged over this!

I knew a Chief whos son went on to be a VERY well known Moto-X rider and had THE i meen THE best of everything to ride as well as THE best Units to get to and from the races Country/Nation wide........and the Band was "broke" hmmmm go fkn figure :/

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

MANDATORY DRUG AND ALCOHOL TESTING FOR WELFARE BENEFITS!

In no way is that "racist" or "discriminatory", there is a lot of white folk wasting welfare benefits along with first nations.

Smart man i would like to see this for every kind of gov service not only on reserves/natives ...EVERYONE

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New service industry needed fast....ass wipers ...for those people who can not even wipe their own ass. These people need your help

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HOLY CHRIST! They don't want our government to tell them how to spend their money PROPERLY to fix their problems but they want the UN to come in and fix their houses!The government should let the UN do it and in 2 yrs come back and show the UN and the rest of the world how they took care of ANOTHER bunch of FREE houses!!And in the mean time cut off all government money!!!They want to embarrass the government but I bet they are still running to the post office for their god damn paycheck!!The government should cut off ALL their benefits till they open their books!!If the government wants to look at my books I don't have a choice I have to show them!Why should they be any different!!I want a new house too!!!Guess what I have to work for it like everyone else!!!!I run a 2000 acre farm and work oilfield in the winter!!!!Guess what there is job out there for everyone!!!!Instead of holding your hand out waiting for a free handout use that same hand to open the door to a business and ask for a job!!!!I know alot of frickin hard working natives that put alot of white guys to shame but it is always a-holes like the guys on the news that everyone hears about!!Cut them off already!!!You want money? WORK FOR IT!!!!!!

UMACHME

Reaction score
The indians that live on reserves are useless..... Always with their hand out looking for more money from the working tax payers of Canada... I bet their BIG CHIEFS dont live in run down ch!t holes!!! It is time the government stop waisting money on these bums........ Payments to the reserves should stop immediately!!!!!!!!!

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
The indians that live on reserves are useless..... Always with their hand out looking for more money from the working tax payers of Canada... I bet their BIG CHIEFS dont live in run down ch!t holes!!! It is time the government stop waisting money on these bums........ Payments to the reserves should stop immediately!!!!!!!!!
Really? useless, well i got family that lives on reserve, and they run the volunteer fire department, Not all us brownies living on reserves r useless. The chief on my reserve lives in a normal bungalo house. And here we go again, the typical stereotype of us First nations ppl, being bums.

Here's a question, of all of u members on here, who actually has a First Nations friend/friends. If u have this friend, would u say the exact same things u say on here to their faces?? Im not lookin for a keyboard shouting match, just curious.

I can only hope that most first nations reserves can turn it around like Whitecap Dakota First nations reserve has. Only time will tell.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? useless, well i got family that lives on reserve, and they run the volunteer fire department, Not all us brownies living on reserves r useless. The chief on my reserve lives in a normal bungalo house. And here we go again, the typical stereotype of us First nations ppl, being bums.

Here's a question, of all of u members on here, who actually has a First Nations friend/friends. If u have this friend, would u say the exact same things u say on here to their faces?? Im not lookin for a keyboard shouting match, just curious.

I can only hope that most first nations reserves can turn it around like Whitecap Dakota First nations reserve has. Only time will tell.

The problem is SO many are like that, that it is more then just a stereotype, it's a rarity to see one that's not like that. Yep I had one in high school who lived on the reserve for a long time. Yep as i've said a million times, anything I say on this site I would gladly say in person. Heck when my brothers truck was stolen I jokingly said his cousin probably stole it, guess what? He knew the person who did pretty well........He also got the typical wackload of money at 18, and a few months later it was gone, largely due to the brand new car being rolled in the ditch at the reserve from driving drunk.......6 years after high school he hasn't changed still doing nothing but get drunk all the time. Pissed away a great chance at getting a football scholarship....No ambition or desire to better himself at all. Lost all his friends from high school to, hanging out with a alcoholic that gets violent all the time gets old very quick.

Not all are like that, but to many. Use to feel a bit sorry for him, but you make the choices yourself as to what your life is like so to dahm bad.

I really hope they can turn the reserves around but I can see in 200-300 years the problems will be as bad as now, if not likely worse. If it wasn't for outside influence, they would still be hunting buffalo living in tepees............

Last edited:

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I grew up in Whitecourt.started out being bullied on the way home one day from school,a fellow school mate who happened to be a first nations fellow stepped in and helped me.that was about grade 4,,we stayed friends till he died last yr,his family had about 8 kids,his dad worked 12 hrs a day to feed them all.I spent the last yr as a mechanic near the Wabamun reserve, worked on a lot of there vehicles,most were old crap,not too many 1 yr old ones.roads were crap,most houses were looked after,never saw any burnerdowners,the chief drove a 15 yr old mini van,so if he had a big salary,he didnt show it.

Top Bottom