Problem with Griz?

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i took my quad out yesterday did a bit of mud bogging and got stuck of course and my buddy got stuck i try to pull him out and afterward i shut down the quad try starting it no luck it would turn and i open the gas tank and it was bowling in there any idea what it might be anyone?:confused:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
yup mine boils too take it for a spin to get some cold air through it. or if you stopped on a trail on a hot day take the fuel cap to let the hot air out.

I'm assumimg you taken your for the warranty work? If you have not Yamaha still honors the warranty even though it is 5 years old. Alberta cycle did mine for no charge they put a plastic sheild under the gas and insulate the fuel line and put on new side vents to look like a 04 and up. It doesn't 100% stop it but it cuts it down alot. It is called a heat fighter kit.... Thats what my paperwork said and it all free give them a call...if you haven't already :d

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank i called Riverside in St-albert and they are gotta order me a kit for the gas tank and replace the parts for free thank for the tips.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey You,where was my invite.Where did you guys go?Next weekend I'm going riding somewhere,I talk to ya throgh the week!
catmando!

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Buddy i went in Myram by St-Paul on her Dad property and we spent the night up their also and we should get together and go for a rip one day

Summitizer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i believe you have the side panels that can be removed fairly easily. the kit will help but it wont fix the problem completely. just ride it with the side panels removed.

Emt Worker

Reaction score
I was also told that there is an update for some valve for the tank. I just haven't been to my dealer yet to get the parts. Not sure how that would stop the gas from boiling.

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i havent had any problem with boiling gas, but if your not sure how clean your rad is wouldnt hurt to pull it and clean it. if its dirty you engine could be gettin way to hot. not 100% sure but i do believe the over temp light comes on at 210 degrees F. so thats plenty hot, cleaned mine very thoroughly and made a huge difference, havent seen the over temp light come on for a long time since i did it.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 07 has a insulation under the tank with reflective surface. + a white plastic cover that i cut to pieces to install my new carb and snorkels lol.

never had the gas boil before i remember afew years ago hearing gurgling tho when i was parked. but that was before i cut anything up.

Top Bottom