Pro vs. Cat

rugbynitro

Reaction score
LOL

fact

your nitro wasnt the top selling mountain sled...any year.

I don't ride a Yamaha LOL! That refers to a pinball machine (called Nitro Ground Shaker) I own and rugby to my favorite sport.

Is this how you get your data....... making assumptions? Seeing as you are already back pedaling, I guess so. :yahoo:

If your going to be dumb, you better be tough...........it's a cruel world.

For the record, I own and ride an M8 and a Pro RMK. No one can call me brand loyal.

Last edited:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have both Polaris and Cat in the shop. It's really interesting to see people's response. Those who have come from an XP chassis, tend to find the cat with the lay down steering most comfortable. They find the Pro too tippy. Those who come from a Cat Chassis seem to mesh with the pro instantly. They are both awesome sleds IMO. Each rider will find their own comfort place. I don't think you can go wrong choosing a sled in today's market. Good stuff out there.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't ride a Yamaha LOL! That refers to a pinball machine (called Nitro Ground Shaker) I own and rugby to my favorite sport.

Is this how you get your data....... making assumptions? Seeing as you are already back pedaling, I guess so. :yahoo:

If your going to be dumb, you better be tough...........it's a cruel world.

For the record, I own and ride an M8 and a Pro RMK. No one can call me brand loyal.

your going to beat me up? oh dear

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys are fawkin hilarious. If we were talking go carts at the age of 8 you would all be yapping about the same sh!t. Go sledding, spend some time in the mountains and you will realize more truth to what is a better sled. Maxwell is not stupid just arrogant, and I'm sure he knows his Doo. As some of you other people know your sleds. Go west get a fix its worth it. other wise pin a picture of your sled in the shower and talk to it with your hand. This thread is getting old.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys are fawkin hilarious. If we were talking go carts at the age of 8 you would all be yapping about the same sh!t. Go sledding, spend some time in the mountains and you will realize more truth to what is a better sled. Maxwell is not stupid just arrogant, and I'm sure he knows his Doo. As some of you other people know your sleds. Go west get a fix its worth it. other wise pin a picture of your sled in the shower and talk to it with your hand. This thread is getting old.
Wake up on the wrong side of the bed? No gifts from Santa? The banter about sleds will never end, if you don't like it don't read it, all in fun!

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope having a pretty good day. Just came back from riding the Pro with a new 2012 arctic Cat, and a stock nitro. Even had an XP come and climb on our hill. These sleds are all different and CANT be put in the same box. They all ride different. I would also have to say that if 5feet was like an inch of dick they were all close except the Yamaha which is like turtle fawking a dog stock.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope having a pretty good day. Just came back from riding the Pro with a new 2012 arctic Cat, and a stock nitro. Even had an XP come and climb on our hill. These sleds are all different and CANT be put in the same box. They all ride different. I would also have to say that if 5feet was like an inch of dick they were all close except the Yamaha which is like turtle fawking a dog stock.
So true, they are all very close, that's why some folks feel a need to reply to the Doo is the best ever guys.

sledhead80

Reaction score
It's to bad Yamaha doesn't see it's short comings in the mountain sleds because if they put a 180 turbo or supercharger on from factory without jacking the price I'm sure more people would ride them, it's just to bad it's a 4000 dollar option on top of the price of the sled, yet I had one with 285 hp and still enjoy my pro more for the weight savings. 4 strokes are definitely not for me.

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The m series cat was the best selling mountain sled in the West the last 4 years.....not the doo!

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got back from riding my 2012 pro and my buddy with the new 2012 proclimb 800 finally admitted that the polaris is lighter feeling and handles better. The only thing he could say was that he could feel the power difference when we were full out drag racing, and even then he out pulled me by a small amount. He has also blown one belt already at 150miles. He went out and bought a can to shave 13 pounds. I rode the cat and it is a nice sled compared to the older m series but it doesnt want to stay over on its side near as nice as the polaris when sidehilling or playin around doin power turns. Sled feels wide and heavy to me after riding a polaris.

As far as being too tippy.....you have to learn that you dont need near as much rider input to make the sled roll over.

PS I weigh 235 before getting dressed and my buddy is 60 pounds lighter than me. He is still lighter on the sled than I am on mine so the claimed 20hp difference isnt enough to make it worth buying over the polaris......IMO!lol! Just have fun and ride hard!!!!!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's to bad Yamaha doesn't see it's short comings in the mountain sleds because if they put a 180 turbo or supercharger on from factory without jacking the price I'm sure more people would ride them, it's just to bad it's a 4000 dollar option on top of the price of the sled, yet I had one with 285 hp and still enjoy my pro more for the weight savings. 4 strokes are definitely not for me.
Small market segment compared to all the trail sleds they sell. They have no warranty issues to worry about if people put their own turbos on.

Top Bottom