Pro vs. Cat

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So true, to bad people have to be so blind to ride an outdated 5 year old chassis and still pay more for it than an up to date one. But if you comment on it all I hear is hp hp! Yet back in the day when the xp came out all you heard was weight! Weight! Until the fell apart! Good to see polaris come back with a light weight sled that holds together better than the doo and easyer to ride and lighter! Oh and you doo riders can take your 8 hp and shove it where the sun doesn't shine, I'd take a lighter more nimble sled anyday, oh and did I mention i can out climb you too!

Yes doo is on a 5 yr old chassis but it is still ahead of the 2003 rider forward technology that apparently the other 2 brands have just figured out. :d

Akpowderhound

Reaction score
Yes doo is on a 5 yr old chassis but it is still ahead of the 2003 rider forward technology that apparently the other 2 brands have just figured out. :d
Really?
You are still trying to throw out that " Rider Forward Tech" that doo came out with? Yes, the REV was amazing for its day. Loved mine! Then the XP came out and I ruined everything Doo had created for us who recentlyy switched to them. Only the Brand Loyalist stuck around.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really?
You are still trying to throw out that " Rider Forward Tech" that doo came out with? Yes, the REV was amazing for its day. Loved mine! Then the XP came out and I ruined everything Doo had created for us who recentlyy switched to them. Only the Brand Loyalist stuck around.

sorry but the xp was the best selling sled up until this season so your info is incorrect.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really?
Or the people that actually like the XP chassis......

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
still.....havent.....seen you.....in.....the......mountains..........if were so dooolusional lets go for a ride man.
Would love to get out and ride with your crew, but only get out to the mountains 2 or 3 times a year. We obviously have different opinions as to what makes a good mountain sled. I could care less about getting the high mark, would much rather ride a sled with good balance and a light feel. The XP has never been that sled for me, maybe now after 4 years of tweaking they are getting close. I also like a sled that is easy to work on, again not the XP, you guys can keep telling yourselves that the XP is all that, but us folks riding the sweet new Pro chassis think your Doolusional!!!

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My old Edge RMK had a high rise Boss seat and a big handlebar riser, BRP stole the rider forward idea from us old mountain riders, maybe we should sue!!!

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To be honest I think all brands have come a long way over the years. Yes I ride doo and have since I bought my first sled which was a 98 summitx. They have been reliable with little or no issues. I piston replaced on my 98 and a small coolant leak on my 09. 5200km with no hiccups on my 04 rev. I enjoyed the 2004 rev and have enjoyed the 09 as well so why change. Us doo guys throw a few punches now and then but have definately had them thrown at us. Everyone yapped about how the rev chassis was too light and weak and they will never last and on and on. Same thing on the xp but at 245lbs never had 1 issue. Now all the other brands have dropped the pounds, produced rider forward designs and all of a sudden this design is the way to go.
I like the look and set up of the new pro rides and proclimbs and I believe they did their research and probably have taken the pyramidal design doo came out with and improved on certain items. I am sure on any day I will get spanked by either one of them but you guys are now riding what you have been ripping on for the past several years.
Brand loyalist, maybe but I ride what has worked for me over the years, just like the majority of people on here.
And since this is a polaris thread I would definately go with the proride hands down. Go burandt. :d

As for a polaris $3000 cheaper than a doo. It is called regaining market share. Another year or 2 they will probably be priced similar again.

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would love to get out and ride with your crew, but only get out to the mountains 2 or 3 times a year. We obviously have different opinions as to what makes a good mountain sled. I could care less about getting the high mark, would much rather ride a sled with good balance and a light feel. The XP has never been that sled for me, maybe now after 4 years of tweaking they are getting close. I also like a sled that is easy to work on, again not the XP, you guys can keep telling yourselves that the XP is all that, but us folks riding the sweet new Pro chassis think your Doolusional!!!

I don't think maxwell is much of a climber.
Also don't disagree that the xp can be a pain to work on.
Never said the xp is all that. Just saying it works for me as the pro works for you.
Once again, the pyramidal design you have been ripping is now what you are riding.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
....". but you guys are now riding what you have been ripping on for the past several years.

Not even close. Many may like the awkward handling characteristics of the Doo's, but not me. I guarantee I am not riding anything close to the sleds I've been "ripping on".

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not even close. Many may like the awkward handling characteristics of the Doo's, but not me. I guarantee I am not riding anything close to the sleds I've been "ripping on".
I don't find it awkward at all. I will agree it may take a little more effort to lay over but I actually found the polaris to be a little too tippy for me. May be my weight but that was what I found. The pro is still a pyramidal design and like I mentioned yes they have made improvements.
It just comes back to preference. I enjoy the xp and you enjoy the pro so we are both happy.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Rev was a ground breaking design for sure, we just could not compete with them on our Polaris or Cats at the time. We have owned a couple of BRP products over the years, had no luck with the sleds, but our Sea Doo is a great machine I will never sell it. Glad that we have a choice and that the manufacturers keep pushing the designs, benefits us all. Poolarious, that's a good one.

Akpowderhound

Reaction score
sorry but the xp was the best selling sled up until this season so your info is incorrect.

Wrong!

Back in 04 after Doo had a fantastic year with the REV I sold off my Polaris and AC sled and picked up a REV. That sled was amazing. I honestly will say that sled made me a great rider. Looged 4000 miles on it between backcountry and ramping it. Held up great considering the horrific things I put it through. Then came the sneak peek photos of the XP. Looked sweet!
To Bad It didnt live up to the REV. My buddies who sold off there REV's had the worst year in SX ever. It was a complete sh*t show on the track! That season only the rich had a working XP by the end of the season. Now I will admit by 2010 they have came a long ways. They lightened it up on 08 to a sled that was great on the trails, when backcountry jumping a XP you couldnt do it unless you had a complete sled to pick up parts from. Complete Fail on Doo's part in my opinion.

To be honest I think all brands have come a long way over the years. Yes I ride doo and have since I bought my first sled which was a 98 summitx. They have been reliable with little or no issues. I piston replaced on my 98 and a small coolant leak on my 09. 5200km with no hiccups on my 04 rev. I enjoyed the 2004 rev and have enjoyed the 09 as well so why change. Us doo guys throw a few punches now and then but have definately had them thrown at us. Everyone yapped about how the rev chassis was too light and weak and they will never last and on and on. Same thing on the xp but at 245lbs never had 1 issue. Now all the other brands have dropped the pounds, produced rider forward designs and all of a sudden this design is the way to go.
I like the look and set up of the new pro rides and proclimbs and I believe they did their research and probably have taken the pyramidal design doo came out with and improved on certain items. I am sure on any day I will get spanked by either one of them but you guys are now riding what you have been ripping on for the past several years.
Brand loyalist, maybe but I ride what has worked for me over the years, just like the majority of people on here.
And since this is a polaris thread I would definately go with the proride hands down. Go burandt. :d

As for a polaris $3000 cheaper than a doo. It is called regaining market share. Another year or 2 they will probably be priced similar again.

The REV was not Drastically lighter in its original release. Think back in 2003. Doo's competition was the Firecat. Now that was a light weak sled. The REV in my opinion had a great weight to strength ratio.
Doo's have generally always been priced higher. Before they became #1 in sales they were higher priced. Back then the Canadian dollar was considerably under the US. Now that is not the case and they are asking TOP Dollar for the Doo's.

The Rev was a ground breaking design for sure, we just could not compete with them on our Polaris or Cats at the time. We have owned a couple of BRP products over the years, had no luck with the sleds, but our Sea Doo is a great machine I will never sell it. Glad that we have a choice and that the manufacturers keep pushing the designs, benefits us all. Poolarious, that's a good one.
The REV platform was so far ahead of ALL the competition. You would have to been a fool to think any other sled was the dominate choice at the time. Today that is not the case. All three are neck to neck.

Top Bottom