Pro Rmk or Rmk Assault

hondalrd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well after trying to find a used sled on kijji i have just decided to go brand new. So here is my problem should i get a Assault or Rmk ? I ride a lot of flat land with ditch banging etc........... and I ride the mountains 4 to 7 times a year. I have heard that the Assault track just digs into the powder and is very hard on sliders. Does any one still have with the comp track on it? Looking for any help. Is there cooling issues?

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are tons of threads like your own. just give it a quick search. dont worry about the assult track there are dozens of people selling the pro track 5.1 so its an easy swap. i bought an assault cause i ride hard but its all up to you. i still like knowing i have the piggy back shocks and little bit more support. i have never herd any colling issues that comp track literally throws everything. track is solid rubber!

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my assault. Rides awesome and having adjustable shocks makes it even nicer. Little wider ski stance than the pro rmk's but the assault doesn't have a sway bar so it's still just as easy to lay over. Track does trench a bit in bottomless pow but is great for spring time snow! As said above, you can switch to a 5.1 track which adds better flotation in bottomless pow and also reduces weight as well.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what was wrong with your thread located HERE ??
you pretty much asked the same questions, except your buying new now ....
in fact .... you said:

I am wondering if any has the switchback assault and how they do in the mountains. The one I am looking at a 144 with 2 inch paddles and rmk skies. I know it wont be no high mark sled but I ride the mountains 4 times a year. But I don't ride much trails usually ditch bang and off trail ridding. My question is should I hold out for Rmk assault ? will the SB just get stuck every were. Any input please

and there were 3 pages and 23 responses for you ......

hondalrd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what was wrong with your thread located HERE ??you pretty much asked the same questions, except your buying new now ....in fact .... you said:and there were 3 pages and 23 responses for you ......
I was asking about the switch back assault and did not want to confuse anybody on it.

hondalrd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure about this but if your buying new can't you get the Assault with the 5.1 track?
I thought about that but i thought the comp track would be better for the flat land sledding

Top Bottom