Pro Leaking Oil out of exhaust pipe..

2012ProRMK

Reaction score
So, i just picked up my 2013 ProRmk out of storage, threw it in the box and drove it home. When i got home i noticed that it had leaked a good amount of engine oil into the box of my truck, and it was leaking out of the exhaust. It smoked a stupid amount. My neighbour came over and he figured that it was normal for 2 strokes to have oil run right through it and through the exhaust when its not running. It had not leaked while in summer storage, but only started on the way home.

Any idea what this could be?

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it leaking out of the exhaust pipe or leaking at the beginnning of the the pipe in front of the engine?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you let it warm up to 118F before moving it or shutting it down?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Never shut em down cool unless your gonna fire it back up, not sure what temp!

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris drain oil into the case over time. I had filled my 2012 right to the top of the rim with oil in May after my last ride. It sat all summer when I pulled the panels off last week it was down about 1.5 cups worth of oil. Well u should see the oil coming out of the pipe joints and muffler When I started it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Explains why I had oil fouled plugs and down a wack if oil too. I was letting my run to 100ish. If that.

Powder Hoist

Reaction score
Same thing on my 2012 this year low on oil and smoked like hell, warned it up and it went away. Never had this issue the first year any solutions? anyone install an oil shut off? good idea or bad

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same thing on my 2012 this year low on oil and smoked like hell, warned it up and it went away. Never had this issue the first year any solutions? anyone install an oil shut off? good idea or bad

IMO If the pump is passing a shut off would be a bad idea as I would think the lines would drain over summer. Unless its passing form the head pressure of the oil tank. Next summer I'm going to have the tank filled about 1/8 full and see if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Born2Ride

Reaction score
My 2014, has done the same thing, black oil dripping from Y pipe connection to pipe? Dealer said nothing to worry about they all do that? There was 1liter of oil added to a small amount of fuel when I picked it up?

Top Bottom