Pro center drive sprocket

mitty26

Reaction score
Has anyone taken that center drive sprocket off there pro's ? Does it do any good on there ? If I tighten the track to Polaris specs it sure seems tight just wondering if that center sprocket is even doing anything .

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When they first came out they were a little wider, in spring snow conditions in wet snow the track would lockup because the inside driver would jam up with snow. Now it's a little narrower and doesn't do this anymore . The driver itself is a joke, it doesn't even contact the track even when it skips. Some guys were cutting them out with a heat knife. I was gonna do this but never got to it. Actually I don't even thing about it any more.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the weight Dragonalain.
Awesome, it's in the garage to do running boards so I'll chop away and cut it out. Rotating mass = more track speed.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My standard iq rmk never had that, dont know if the standard pro rmk does either....

Just the dragon and the pro then...

Aker

Reaction score
Remove it, it's of no use if the track is set to factory tension.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally would leave it in there. If its the same as my 2012 was the outside 2 divers have no fingers into the track holes, this is why polaris has such a high tension for there tracks, that center one helps to reduce "ratcheting". mine use to ratchet even with all the drivers in there. If i were doing it again, just replace with AVID drivers and be done, no more ratcheting, and can run loser track tension. for your "weight saving", just have a salad one night and forget about it. JMO

Top Bottom