Pro and con about xm radio

cueball115a

Reaction score
Saguenay region, mont Valin is my play ground now.
Sirius bought XM. Its one company now. Sirius is the parent company, XM still has its brodcasts & channels, but they have both picked their best channels. I personally liked Sirius as it was, it seems watered down with the addition of XM's brodcasting style & merging in DJ's. Sirius did sideline some of their annoying DJ's with XM's better guys. For example Octaine 20 dropped Jason Ellis & AD (or some named guy, whom I couldn't stand) and replaced them with Grant & someguy from XM. Kayla stayed where she was & Covino moved to mornings. Its not too bad. MAXXIM radio was downsized & is on with cosmo or sumjunk. The comedy channels merged & were watered down with other dudes from XM, when we used to hear Artie Lang every day, now its only friday nights. Howard Stern was mostly untouched. I dont even listen to regular radio anymore! Sirius markets their own recievers where XM sources thers out. ie Pioneer. Ford includes Sirius with their vehicals where GM & Chev deals with XM equipment. I like Sirius the best, we have both, as my wife wanted a hands free unit made by pioneer & she drives a GM car. We find that the XM has more dead spots than Sirius while driving. I hope this helps a bit, others will testify to the other, but in the end, it's your choice! LOL!

Yes thank a lot you answer all the question I had

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got sirius and as long as I can listen to the Jason Eliss talk show from 4 to 5 pm I dont care.You want a good laugh!
catmando!
It is not for kids!

highmark600

Reaction score
I would never ever buy XM again; That was a big mistake. Lost reception everywhere, and it was a very rare occasion when a good song would come on. I'd go with Sirius, 100%.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i worked at future shop when i was in school last year.

-xms satellites go around in a circular pattern around the states so not so great reception in canada.

-sirius satellites go in a x pattern i believe so better reception in canada.

-to get the merger with a sirius you need the sirius Merge radio that is $250.

-with xm you get most of the sirius channels other than howard stern, playboy and i think maxim and i think a couple others, on all xm radios. and you would think you wouldnt listen to these but they are damn funny and have alot of great shows

if you like funny talk shows get a normal siruis. if you need hockey get a xm and if you need both get the sirius merge if you dont mind spending $250

oh and one thing if you like nascar, on xm its nascar talk. my dad got one to listen to the races on sunday when hes traveling to work but you need a usa account

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nascar is just as good on Sirius radio, or at least with a US account, we have sirius radio that we take with in our classic cars during the summer, nothing beats streaming oldies at a car show than this setup.

On Sirius the nascar is broadcasted on about 15 channels, everything from 2-3 broadcaster booths to about 10 in car radios, listen to the broadcats but when your fav driver talks or pit crew talks, you hear everything they say!!! Watched the race once from talladega last year with a in car radio blarring on my computer, was cool listening to the spotters in real time and seeing it on the track. For Nascar go Sirius, and for sports get the sportster, covers everything and gives you sport score updates while you listen to other things.... love it!!!

(Sick I agree, I don't run Sat. radio in my truck either, ipod is the way to go, you want your talk radioo subscribe to the podcast if at all, otherwise I have 20gigs of music in my truck that I like, best option out there.)

Zipp

Reaction score
Unless it is factory installed, I will never again susbscribe to either one. They are far too distracting, too bright at night. Sirius has good nascar, college basketball, if your into those things. However, no NHL, no CFL (not even the Grey Cup). Yup, the ipod is a good substitution for all music needs.

Bounty Hunter

Reaction score
Website
www.northernbounty.ca
I would never ever buy XM again; That was a big mistake. Lost reception everywhere, and it was a very rare occasion when a good song would come on. I'd go with Sirius, 100%.

XM sucks in northern BC. Loose the signal everywhere. I live in Houston and if I drive to Prince Rupert I looses signal after Hazelton, completely! My sirius works in my logging truck everywhere. I can pull into the local truck shop and it will still get a signal under the tin roof. Bubba Army!

powderpusher

Reaction score
Had both,had the xm in 07 duramax it sucked as it cut out all the time,bought a sirrius radio last fall really like it but they ruined my favorite station as it used to play straight ac/dc but now it plays alot of crap on that station but still enjoy my sirius for its reception

Top Bottom