Power polish and detailing

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys my truck is in serious need of a power polish and wax. Just wondering where a good place to take it would be, normally just do it myself but been way to busy lately
any where on the east side of Edmonton/Sherwood park would be best
thanks
matt

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i found a guy on kijjij named Rob 780-573-0072 that does it on the side from a detail shop. He charged me $300 to make my 03 black crew cab longbox shine like new, it had some scratches and swirls and she looks sweet now. It took him over 4 hours. He was at 95 st and yellowhead.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea mine could use one too. Needs a chemical clean too from all the bc hwy miles this winter :( stupid darn rust-like flecks all over her now, poor thing

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats with the rust colored flakes? I have never had them before. I found that a clay bar and a couple hours took them all off.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats with the rust colored flakes? I have never had them before. I found that a clay bar and a couple hours took them all off.

On new vehicles it is common it is usually rail dust from transport. Can be a bitch to get off. There was a ton of it on my new superduty especially the tail gate.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
On new vehicles it is common it is usually rail dust from transport. Can be a bitch to get off. There was a ton of it on my new superduty especially the tail gate.

I would not have taken delivery of it until they got all that rail dust off. but that's me

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mines not rail dust, I clay barred it last year and again this year already. It was worse this year than last.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea mine isnt rail dust either I dont think. my truck is a 2009. even had some paint work in fall 2011. Whatever is in the salt/rocks that get dropped onto the highways in BC seems to latch to my truck n creates rust colored flecks all over it (its white). My truck is usually kept quite clean. And I say BC because there are other white vehicles in my family up here which drive daily around town and do not accumulate the same kind of product. My truck primarily only moves to go sledding as I work shiftwork and take a bus. I will definately look into this clay bar thing. I know we have used some form of chemical wash in the past though. Thanks!

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I think it's industrial fallout. My silver truck has it to
And it does come off with some light solvent

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Yep,I know a guy takes his truck there once a year.It looks like new year round.I might just try that myself.
I take my truck to Ming Shine in Edmonton... it comes outta there shop like new!!!

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep,I know a guy takes his truck there once a year.It looks like new year round.I might just try that myself.

Competition Chev has a Ming shop, seen some pretty good fixes come out of there. A german shepard that was chasing a squirrel destroyed the paint on a friends Tahoe. They buffed it all out. I has shocked. Paint was pretty thin after that but impressive none the less.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would not have taken delivery of it until they got all that rail dust off. but that's me

I hear you, I was not there at delivery it was delivered by my salesman to HRT in Okotoks for a "makeover"

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I was told to drive past Comp. and go to the Ming in the city,and he bought his truck in Stony.
Competition Chev has a Ming shop, seen some pretty good fixes come out of there. A german shepard that was chasing a squirrel destroyed the paint on a friends Tahoe. They buffed it all out. I has shocked. Paint was pretty thin after that but impressive none the less.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told to drive past Comp. and go to the Ming in the city,and he bought his truck in Stony.

Same here... I buy my trucks in Whitecourt and they say Ming in city as well... although they maybe have some sort of deal or discount with them..

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies I'm not a big Ming fan but maybe I'll give them a shot. Just heard to many horror stories about them

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would just stay away from Ziebart Edmonton South. They undercoated my truck after the dealer i bought it from screwed up. I had to pend a day just cleaning up the mess that they made.

Top Bottom