Powderlites Pro Turbo Kit

gmustangt

Reaction score
Dave at Powderlites put there turbo kit together on my sled, and it rips.
Just to put it in perspective i was pullng the same clutch weight with this kit at 6# as i was at 11# last year on the silber, and pulls way harder. Some of the highlights.

- Oiless turbo, this turbo is the turbo to have, instant spool up and pulls like a big hp NA sled. (call Dave @ powderlites for the details)
- PCV-PTI dual injector fueling with auto tune (big thanks to TJ for all the help), this power commander system is awesome. Lots of adjustment and simple to use.
- W/A IC
- Divorced downpipe.

The torque this turbo comes on with is awesome, very effcient turbo when i turn the sled off the turbo just keeps spinning for 30+ seconds...No garret ive been around has done that.

Give Dave @ powderlites a shout if your wanting your sled to rip!
Some short on/off throttle clips.

powderlites turbo pro - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djzvN...=youtube_gdata

Attachments

• Turbo kit.jpg
    Turbo kit.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 458

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You must have strong thumb muscles I counted over 75 times you let go of the throttle in the first video. I wonder what it's like when you hold it open for longer then .1 of a second?

gmustangt

Reaction score
57-59 mph track speed @ 6# with my 260 geared up azz on it. 163.

That was the point of the clips was to show the throttle response on/off situations , wide open is the easy part. You can hear how quick it builds boost on those throttle chops.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That was the point of the clips was to show the throttle response on/off situations , wide open is the easy part. You can hear how quick it builds boost on those throttle chops.

60MPH track speeds is quite low actually. Is that with a 3" track or the stocker? Try holding it wide open using your boost then let off for a few seconds and then back on a few times rather then on off so much might give us a better understanding of what your trying to show us.

174mcx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha. Turbo efficiency totally depends on how long it spins after you shut it off!!! Good one someone probably thinks your serious!!

gmustangt

Reaction score
Hahahaha. Turbo efficiency totally depends on how long it spins after you shut it off!!! Good one someone probably thinks your serious!!

Hahah all the info I can give ya for now... Lets just keep talking about gtx, billet wheels ooh ahh, and tial housings ahhh...

will do ez!

definetly impressed with the kit!

=)

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since when does powder lights know anything about a turbo sled let alone trying to build a kit for one? His failure rate on attempting to make anything run is really high.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since when does powder lights know anything about a turbo sled let alone trying to build a kit for one? His failure rate on attempting to make anything run is really high.

Haha LMAO

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't say that I'd ever go down the Powderlites road again for any of my sled...let alone turbo needs. My Nytro turbo ended up costing twice as much as a GOOD system would have run me in the first place. I spent countless hours and hundreds of dollars rebuilding multiple pieces of the kit to make it work and last. Is this kit built for drags or mountains? Is he running high end dryer vent hosing on the intake now? :D I'd buy a kit from a reputable builder that stands behind their product!!

Last edited:

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score

Quite honestly the clip is educational. If you look closely, you can clearly see that the flipper is pushed to the wide open position numerous times but the sled actually never reaches top rpm. This is clearly a bad case of turbo lag.
If you put a turbo on a sled and never gave it any extra fuel it would have sounded the exact same way because you never actually gave it enough fuel to spool the turbo. I know this because I have shut off the extra injectors and done pretty much the same throttle test.
I also find it interesting that they chose to copy the worst intake design on the market.
It is obvious that you really want to help Dave, and that is cool, but how much testing have you really done? This sled should have a minimum of one season testing before any customer is subjected to the research and development testing for the manufacturer.
Have you compared it to a good turbo kit? I will be in Revy Feb 7-10th and you should bring it out to compare. Bring your camera and we will do numerous side by side comparisons of bottom end, midrange, tree bashing, wide open pulls etc.
If you don't have a good baseline to compare it to then how do you really know how good it is working?

Clutch weights are not a good indicator of power...track speed is. For example, we run less weight and less boost then any Silber kit I have rode with, yet we make more track speed.

I am not trying to be negative at all, but I think if your promoting this as the next greatest thing, then the consumers should know the truth, don't you think?
You should take me up on my offer.
Thanks

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think David would have any time to get out and test this kit, I would imagine he's busy trying to explain to his customers why their Yamaha and skidoo kits won't run!
On the other hand if he does show up next week we can show him exactly what he has done wrong with this new and latest powderlites kit.
So it could be helpful to him!

gmustangt

Reaction score
Lets not talk about whats wrong with kits lol...
Got some better clips to make you guys happy.

Been on the snow for a month now and 400 miles with the proto. Been working great.
I really like the dual tmap pcv-pti controller, i didnt have to change a thing all day today, worked great.
The autotune is great it takes factors into account and will add or trim fuel based on that, set it at 12.5 for WOT and go for a climb and it just locks on to the 12.5.
The sequentiual injection is also nice. (and yes when the secondary sprays it does make it in to that combustion cycle, been confirmed by a little company called dynojet, they know a thing or 2 about efi).
Unlike other piggyback controllers that are just turning on or off... spraying fuel whenever, even if its shooting at the side of the piston lol!
no need for a FPR , you can turn injectors right off if you wanted too.
Also nice that the pcv just plugs right in, and your not having to cut/splice wires to run it.
One tmap in the airbox and the other in baro pressure and away go.
This is just info and my observations.

Feb 2, 2013 2 - YouTube

Feb 2, 2013 - YouTube

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score

Been on the snow for a month now and 400 miles with the proto. Been working great.
I really like the dual tmap pcv-pti controller, i didnt have to change a thing all day today, worked great.
The autotune is great it takes factors into account and will add or trim fuel based on that, set it at 12.5 for WOT and go for a climb and it just locks on to the 12.5.
The sequentiual injection is also nice. (and yes when the secondary sprays it does make it in to that combustion cycle, been confirmed by a little company called dynojet, they know a thing or 2 about efi).
Unlike other piggyback controllers that are just turning on or off... spraying fuel whenever, even if its shooting at the side of the piston lol!
Also nice that the pcv just plugs right in, and your not having to cut/splice wires to run it.

Feb 2, 2013 2 - YouTube

Feb 2, 2013 - YouTube
Before anyone gets any more bad information from this thread, you should Google "how does a 2 stroke engine work?". Of course the fuel from the extra injectors will make it in to the combustion event...when the reeds valve opens and let's it in.
Not really sure where you are getting your information, but once you are done educating yourself and whoever is giving you the bad information, you can come back and edit your last post. The reed valves have everything to do with letting fuel in from extra injectors, not the injector timing from extra injectors.
How do you think carbs ever worked???

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Feb 2, 2013 2 - YouTube

Feb 2, 2013 - YouTube

Could you please post a video of you at WOT for more than 3 seconds.

Top Bottom