Post Quad friendly camp grounds

McDrifter

Reaction score
I'll start this thread:
Chump Lake located about 20km East of Boyle on the North side of Hwy 663 just before Caslan( North Buck Lake ). Camping stalls are very deep and spread out well. Riding consists of about 40% dirt,40% sand and 20% bog(enough to keep even hard core mudders happy and can be avoided if you don't like bog). Very good family riding with lots of scenery and lakes. Would take a couple of seasons to realize how large the riding area is (about 40km by 15km). If you want to book a site call the General store in Caslan.(sorry don't have the number) $12 a night no power and just a central well for water.

McDrifter

Reaction score
EM-TE-TOWN is Quad friendly and I have heard it has good riding trails. It is crown land West of the campsite so it should be good. As well you can go horse back riding or even get married in the old western town that is next to the campsites. They claim to be in the top ten of must visit destinations in Canada, a rating they got in some magazine. They are located just South of Drayton Valley. The link to there website is in the links section under Alder flats camping

Last edited by a moderator:

Zipp

Reaction score
Another good location...

Another location is Elenor lake, south of Lac La Biche. Excellent trail system, nice campground and cabins, and a store.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Rocky Mountain House: Outwest Camping and RV park, See there website in the links section under Rocky Mountain House. I have no comments as I have never been here. Am inquiring about the Snow and Mud trip there though..

Here is a map how to get there

Attachments

• map (Small).jpg
    map (Small).jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 423

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Another location is Elenor lake, south of Lac La Biche. Excellent trail system, nice campground and cabins, and a store.

I'll second that,Elenor lake is a good spot for quaders.Heard the fishing is good too!Been there a couple times with the quads and had a blast!
catmando!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rocky Mountain House: Outwest Camping and RV park, See there website in the links section under Rocky Mountain House. I have no comments as I have never been here. Am inquiring about the Snow and Mud trip there though..

Here is a map how to get there

Hey Ron
I heard that place is booked solid every weekend so to get enough sites you may be looking at sept!
catmando!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey Ron
I heard that place is booked solid every weekend so to get enough sites you may be looking at sept!
catmando!

I was down in Rocky this weekend at the Riverview Campground. I don't know how far that is from the one Ron is talking about but it was really inexpensive, saw lots of quads on trucks there. Was only $24 a night for power & water, relatively open campground though, very few trees. Might be a good place for the snow & mud campout.

Bucky

Reaction score
EmTeTown

Was at EmTe town this past weekend.Camping was ok, very expensive 60 for camping in a grass field (overflow) plus another 27 bucks for 5 ribbons for access to the ghost town site. 2 adult and 3 kids. As for quad friendly, I would have to say to a point. There was Im told In past years a trail access but had to be shut down by the owner due to abuse, so now we had to trailer about 5km which was no big deal. The real part I didn't like of this spot was the constant kids and big kids driving by our site from 9am-11pm with no respect of noise for other campers. I myself witnessed at least 3 close calls between kids no older than 6-10 and adults who were driving like fools. When you did trailer out, like we did the trails were fantastic with no shortage of mud to be found. All things said we had a good weekend but I would never camp there again....sorry for being long winded,but wanted to add my :twocents:

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
mt town

Yeah I agree with Bucky. Was there with Ron 2 years ago and lots of kids riding late in the evening. Half of them under age and without helmets.
Steve

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really think Crown Land is the way to go.Firewood.....Free,Campsites........Free,Quad from your site.Nobody telling you to be quiet.........exept the wife!
I know another great site 15 klms east of Cadomin,accomidate a ton of people......Free and dont have to book it! Under 3 hrs and you setting up!Also a good buddy of mine and his brother are guide's in the area!
Just a thought in case Rons plans dont work out!
catmando!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
wow, free "QUAD" FROM YOUR SITE

I really think Crown Land is the way to go.Firewood.....Free,Campsites........Free,Quad from your site.Nobody telling you to be quiet.........exept the wife!
I know another great site 15 klms east of Cadomin,accomidate a ton of people......Free and dont have to book it! Under 3 hrs and you setting up!Also a good buddy of mine and his brother are guide's in the area!
Just a thought in case Rons plans dont work out!
catmando!

GEEZE, I wanna go there..... "free quad from your site", so I wouldn't have to rent(rent a site and get a free quad).... I like it, and I'd finally have that "quad" cool:specool:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
GEEZE, I wanna go there..... "free quad from your site", so I wouldn't have to rent(rent a site and get a free quad).... I like it, and I'd finally have that "quad" cool:specool:

Hey Ric,See the little comma.Let me help! (Campsite......Free) (Firewood.......Free) (Quad from your site....buy one,get gas,go)not free!
LOL! catmando!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Thanks for explaining that Catmando. I understood your original posting. What's with that summitric guy. Hmmmm.
To much time breathing exaust fumes at the shop I guess. :D:D:D
Hey Ric,See the little comma.Let me help! (Campsite......Free) (Firewood.......Free) (Quad from your site....buy one,get gas,go)not free!
LOL! catmando!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I dont get to many chances to give ric a hard time so when I do,Look out LOL
How you doing Curtis?
catmando!

Zipp

Reaction score
Richardson Backcountry

If you like a 50 to 80 mile ride in, great fishing, lots of sand, a sun that does'nt set, free camping, this is the place to go. Ya gotta haul your own suppliesthough, as there are no services.

McDrifter

Reaction score
I have been up there ( North of McMurray ) many times. It is very nice country but it is getting over run with people that don't no what wilderness camping is all about. They are destroying the area.:mad: There is still some good areas but go up during the week.

Kevin

Reaction score
Hey,

What kind trails are around Elinor? We were thinking making a day run there from Edm. We have both quads and bikes. Do you know if you can still go riding this time of the year out there?

Kevin

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Out west camping and rv in Rocky Mountain House is where its at brothers, just came back from there this weekend and it rocked, awsome trails and clean showers and a quad wash too!!The best place I have been to to date and I quad 3000 off raod km's a summer all over this god for saken land

Top Bottom