Possible problems with the 174 T3

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To the OP... I think I may have a problem wiping the smile off my face after my first mountain ride on my T3-163... It's possible lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The t3 have a smaller factory muffler and actually has a sweet sound... Much louder than stock xm's but not as loud as the mbrp... Smooth powerband throughout the range... It does sound good.. The regular xm's will have the suitcase mufflers (tuned they said)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't understand how a sled being t3 would change things like the can? It had a 3 inch track.. Ok? Cool? Why would they change the can just because it has a 3 inch track..? Does it have handlebar tassels because it has a 3 inch track to?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how a sled being t3 would change things like the can? It had a 3 inch track.. Ok? Cool? Why would they change the can just because it has a 3 inch track..? Does it have handlebar tassels because it has a 3 inch track to?
They re engineered the can to lose weight. Handle bar tassels would have regained that weight back.:rolleyes:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There is 20+ changes they made to the t3 in order to keep it as light as the previous model year sleds with the 174 3" track. The can was one of the changes to lose a couple lbs. i know You Polaris guys can only handle 1 small change every 5-6 years so this T3 is likely hard to wrap your head around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is 20+ changes they made to the t3 in order to keep it as light as the previous model year sleds with the 174 3" track. The can was one of the changes to lose a couple lbs. i know You Polaris guys can only handle 1 small change every 5-6 years so this T3 is likely hard to wrap your head around.

This should wake things up!
:d

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hehehe...you should try opening that thing up once in a while, etec's are NOT good on fuel at wide open throttle, I've proven that many times over:)

. They sure burn the same gas and oil as the others. If your a meadow muffin u will burn less than your buddies. I use between 50-65 liters everyday plus atleast a liter of oil. Some days a Tank plus a 5 gallon pail and I still run out before the truck.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
. They sure burn the same gas and oil as the others. If your a meadow muffin u will burn less than your buddies. I use between 50-65 liters everyday plus atleast a liter of oil. Some days a Tank plus a 5 gallon pail and I still run out before the truck.

yes they still burn lots of gas and oil at WFO on those deep days. but i ride with an M8 and on those deep days it is still out of gas well before we are. oil is likely the same. its those days when you have an extremely long trail ride in and out with marginal snow conditions when you notice the etec fuel consumption.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's funny cause it's true.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I burned the whole tank plus the jerry I would have to go to the hospital for intravenous pain meds for a week. Or a hot tub time machine. Lol. We usually put on 60-100km per day average. I guess I am a meadow muffin, but when we hit the gas pump it's always a few litres less than two of my riding buddy's Cats and I ride as hard or harder than both of them... But whatever you know

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
If I burned the whole tank plus the jerry I would have to go to the hospital for intravenous pain meds for a week. Or a hot tub time machine. Lol. We usually put on 60-100km per day average. I guess I am a meadow muffin, but when we hit the gas pump it's always a few litres less than two of my riding buddy's Cats and I ride as hard or harder than both of them... But whatever you know

Ya', I'm a meadow muffin! I have had a LinQ jerry can since 2012 and haven't put any fuel in it yet! Back in my younger days, it would have been a little different but with an average of 50-75 kms a day and only 10 k up to the top it is pretty sweet to only use what little gas and oil that I doo....:d

To the OP, I look forward to my MacT3 in bright yellow and don't foresee any great problems.....:dance:

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Did they ad these changes to non t3 Doos as well?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Never said that you were a meadow muffin. I should shut my sled off more. Sometimes my pow sessions go on for hours straight. Maybe that's why I'm getting lower belt mileage also. I just have to smash as much pow per day as possible.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so you dont go to just sit and look at the pow?. i used a whole tank plus my jerry can my first day on a xm and i will do it again to!!. :d

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nope.......
Holy cow! I just realized if we didn't introduce the T3 this year we would be like Polaris and have no changes for next year?:p

I think the Polaris guys have been telling you for a few years you needed those changes. Sure sucks you had to ride a sled dor so long that needed over 20 changes at one time. Identify the deficiencies and make changes as needed, it seems Polaris and Doo both did that this year. LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom