Popping the gauges out - wiring harness help

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Had some fun with a wiring harness under the gauges over the weekend. I've been told you can pop the gauges out with a small screwdriver to get at the wiring harness easily, but can't seem to get that to work on mine. I've got some broken plastic now as a result.

Anyone else have the same problem?

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They probably popped out like the XP`s use a small hog prick tool in the right spot. had them out on the XP.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can do one at a time, basically press it in, pop that side up then repeat the other side.. they are just clips that hold the gauge in

i didn't have a tiny enough screw driver, so i just used a nail ..

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why are we taking the gauges out? Is this required to install some sort of accessory?

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got the full set .. no point in just getting one piece of the kit

sure enough, had to take my skid plate off for the job .. so went through that as well

but it's fun working on new machine! everything is clean and nice.. get to know her a little ;)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

sure enough, had to take my skid plate off for the job .. so went through that as well

but it's fun working on new machine! everything is clean and nice.. get to know her a little ;)

and everything is straight and fits…………:D

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I plan to do the same. $150 for everything is cheap insurance.

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering if it would be easier to remove the four T25 bolts that hold the glove box lid and guage? you can access the wiring harness and disconnect it from the gauge. Does someone have a picture of what you are installing? I've never seen it.

Thank You

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
just wondering if it would be easier to remove the four T25 bolts that hold the glove box lid and guage? you can access the wiring harness and disconnect it from the gauge. Does someone have a picture of what you are installing? I've never seen it.

Thank You

Yes, after talking with BRP about it, this is how you are supposed to access the wiring harness. Pop off the windshield, do the 4 T25 bolts around it, then the two below the gauges and the gauges and storage box thing come off nicely.

stormcp

Reaction score
It shows you how in the owners manual. Btw use a thin narrow screwdriver to pop out gauges or you may break a tab. If you have trouble pull out screwdriver and reinsert until you get it to pop.

Top Bottom