Poor mans sled deck.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sold my nice Chevy to pay bills..only worked 3 weeks since Oct 2015 in oil patch. surviving by fixing others cars and sleds and ATVs ,and changing tires at home in the garage. found a $500 Nissan to drive..so decided to build a single sled deck from crappolla around the yard. the top was a sliding unit found in the ditch by a acquantance,paid him $10 for it,dodnt use the frame work or roller set up. just the top. ran 4 2x 6s left over from my deck across the box and buillt frame at the back from other wood. the tri fold ramp Cdn Tire had on sale last winter for $99.00 so some overpriced 5/16 bolt from hardware store and some sheet metal screws. and wood screws.. wallaa.. a deck. if the wife or son comes along, we have the car trailer for the two sleds. can use wifes SUV or sons truck then. i only go to staging area anyway..dont need big fancy 4x4 for that.

not sure why the picture is sideways ?

Attachments

• deck.jpg
    deck.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 552

olymon

Reaction score
I had a similar set up on a little nisan pick up, but mine was the height of the wheel well tops. Made the approach angle to load a lot lower. Would your deck fit between the box sides?

Making JIS screws into junk

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ingenuity at its' best. I trust your safety thoughts are built into this, otherwise, great thinking!

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a sled deck built out of wood I used for years, it was wide enough to fit two sleds.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice redneck ingenuity, using what you have on hand
icon14.gif

does the inside box have spots to hold 2x6 or 2x8"s would be easier/safer to have it lower maybe.
i used a sheet of plywood on floor, with a couple 2x4's to align skies, worked pretty good. used the same type of ramp, got the longest one possible, did cost quite a bit more though.

still i like what you have done with what you had, :D

Top Bottom