pool heaters

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i put a 15'X4' pool for the kids and am curious what everyone has come up with to heat the pool. Found a couple off the shelf solar heaters but with poor reviews. Don't want to spend 2K on a gas heater. Any good home made inventions out there?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i put a 15'X4' pool for the kids and am curious what everyone has come up with to heat the pool. Found a couple off the shelf solar heaters but with poor reviews. Don't want to spend 2K on a gas heater. Any good home made inventions out there?

Redneck Pool Heater
A buddy of mine has a solar heater for their pool, works pretty good to maintain about 75-80F on a really hot day, you could supplement with the redneck heater in the link above.

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine had a hose that would snake on is roof on the shingles and back down to the pool. it was so well done you never even noticed it

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coiled soft copper tubing inside a 12" steel pipe connected to a water pump. Tiger torch for the heat source.:beer:

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yuo would only need a 100000 BTU max furnace to keep it scorching. Costco online has some solar kits for like 350 bucks. I have a 14x24 inground with a hayward 150000 BTU heater which was 1100, and it keeps the pool at 30 degrees no problem. I know 100000 BTU is a little heavy for your application, but I think thats the smallest pool heater they make. can be run on NG or LP

heres one i found for 1000 bucks

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 21x35' indoor pool, tried the coiled tubing-works ok but if you don't shut the circulation pump off at night it cools 10x faster than it heats when the sun goes down. going to get some large solar heaters and install a timer or a water temp cutout switch for the pump.

Top Bottom