Pontoon boats

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Looking into getting a Pontoon boat before the end the season...

Any to avoid?

Should have over 100ponies, legs to lift out of the water. Still have wakeboard boat but it would be nice to use this for some watersports still.

Thx Steve

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys i've talked to say make sure to get the ones with 3 pontoons as opposed to two, way more stable if you have a few folks on board that might move around.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking into getting a Pontoon boat before the end the season...

Any to avoid?

Should have over 100ponies, legs to lift out of the water. Still have wakeboard boat but it would be nice to use this for some watersports still.

Thx Steve

Avoid Canada. Bought a bennington 24' with a 150 etec for 28 k all in. Grand rapids Michigan. You can save a ton of $$$ in the states. For what I spent I couldn't get a 24' with anything bigger than a 40 hp here in Canada. Prices are outa touch.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had a chance to use my pontoon to pull ski and wakeboarders and the 150 e tec is awesome. If you want pull tubes and such I would get the bigger motor if your worried. I'm impressed with mine. 42 mph with 4 people on board 24' boat. Super glad I got the bigger engine. Even the dealer said a 115 hp is all I need. Glad I diddnt listen.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
See one a while ago with the legs that is a cool invention the boat had a big stereo, fridge, and bbq

Wingwalker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 22' twin pontoon with a Merc 115hp will only go 26mph (gps)

If you want to do basic water sports I would go with a tritoon with lifting strakes and at least a 175hp motor

Theres a 24' G3 on the lake I go with a 225hp Yamaha and he has no trouble skiing with a few people on board

http://www.crankyape.com/default.asp?pg=DispSingleItem&ItemNumber=28483

this seems like what id be interested in. 115hp is enough for a normal boat but a pontoon for watersports?

all its missing is the sealegs

Bugs

Reaction score
I have a Sylvan 24' Tritoon with a 150 HP Merc Verado on it pull skiers, tubes and wakeboarders no problem. with 10 ppl on board good for 31 MPH. Unless you are going to have a big group on board all the time I would not go any bigger than a 24'.

Top Bottom