Polaris used market destroyed.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I have found a solution to everbodys problem........ Everybody should snowcheck a 2016 XM. Im not exactly sure what this will do or how it will all of you're problems...... But Im PRETTTTYYY sure this is a good idea.

how much for a pull start 154 freeride.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know you sure don't know as much about the market as you think if you think you will be able to get an an XM 154 for ten grand....

Is this topic not about the Polaris market?
Who gives a **** about your so called expertise in the Doo market?
Start your own topic !!

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Is this topic not about the Polaris market?
Who gives a **** about your so called expertise in the Doo market?
Start your own topic !!

I never claimed to have expertise... I was saying he was wrong. This is a thread about the used market.. It was input. Im sorry I ran over your puppy.

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You realzie the man you are talking to would know this information 1000 times before you would right? lol.
But yes... you must be correct. its the internet.

I know you sure don't know as much about the market as you think if you think you will be able to get an an XM 154 for ten grand....

PS: That is a bad price. lol

Did you do all that over the phone?

I never claimed to have expertise... I was saying he was wrong. This is a thread about the used market.. It was input. Im sorry I ran over your puppy.

You're a bit of a cocky sob, aren't you. Are all doo salesman this arrogant and cocky or just you?

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's funny.. T-Team is a Ski-Doo salesman talking trash in this thread. talk about greasy "car" sales

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
That's funny.. T-Team is a Ski-Doo salesman talking trash in this thread. talk about greasy "car" sales

How am I talking trash... AT ALL! . ALL I was saying is you ARENT going to be able to get one of those sleds for 10 grand.. And I was commenting on the market.. INPUT. dont like the music turn off the radio. Ill take off and let you guys keep having your pipe dreams and fantisies about buying brand new sleds for below cost and take the factual information away. Apologies for trying to ruin the dream!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The used market is destroyed because of financing and new model releases. When guys have nothing to put down and roll on a monthly payment plan, the market will start to reflect that. A 48 or 60 month finance term, on a $13,000 principle, you are spending almost $16,000 over the term at 3% interest. $260/month payments. So guys buy a new sled, spend the first year making payments and barely touch the principle, then want to dump it to upgrade in year 1 or 2 when the new model comes out, and check their bank statement only to find out they still owe basically the principle amount or most of it. As someone said - snowcheck was created to pre-sell sleds, to raise capital to build those sleds, and that is still there but veiled by the hype of getting some bling upgrades to entice the buyer. Some guys selling in the used market are just dreamers too........start high and drop your pants I guess, don't matter to me, you'll only get what its worth. The young guns with no sense and lots of dough to blow aren't making hours on the rigs right now, so the market will correct, people need to learn that living on credit causes problems when the economy tanks......unless you are repo man, then its your time to shine.

When times are good, everyone just keeps making payments, when bad times come, guys start dumping stuff but can't afford to take a hit, so the used prices go up to cover the remaining balance sheet, and now you have the used market selling sleds for more than the price of new. $10K for an 2013 SP? T-Team could probably sell you a new one with warranty for that price and it won't need an overhaul. There's lots more of them out there priced the same.

2013 Ski Doo Summit SP 163'' | snowmobiles | Calgary | Kijiji

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
The used market is destroyed because of financing and new model releases. When guys have nothing to put down and roll on a monthly payment plan, the market will start to reflect that. A 48 or 60 month finance term, on a $13,000 principle, you are spending almost $16,000 over the term at 3% interest. $260/month payments. So guys buy a new sled, spend the first year making payments and barely touch the principle, then want to dump it to upgrade in year 1 or 2 when the new model comes out, and check their bank statement only to find out they still owe basically the principle amount or most of it. As someone said - snowcheck was created to pre-sell sleds, to raise capital to build those sleds, and that is still there but veiled by the hype of getting some bling upgrades to entice the buyer. Some guys selling in the used market are just dreamers too........start high and drop your pants I guess, don't matter to me, you'll only get what its worth. The young guns with no sense and lots of dough to blow aren't making hours on the rigs right now, so the market will correct, people need to learn that living on credit causes problems when the economy tanks......unless you are repo man, then its your time to shine.

When times are good, everyone just keeps making payments, when bad times come, guys start dumping stuff but can't afford to take a hit, so the used prices go up to cover the remaining balance sheet, and now you have the used market selling sleds for more than the price of new. $10K for an 2013 SP? T-Team could probably sell you a new one with warranty for that price and it won't need an overhaul. There's lots more of them out there priced the same.

2013 Ski Doo Summit SP 163'' | snowmobiles | Calgary | Kijiji
'

$17,000.00
Summit X 154 (orange) Brand New, Never Driven!!! | snowmobiles | Edmonton | Kijiji

Heres one for $14,0000
Summit XM 154 | snowmobiles | Edmonton | Kijiji

And theres still 13's going for 12,500
2013 Summit XM 163" | snowmobiles | Edmonton | Kijiji

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

chriswhittle459

Reaction score
You guys are acting like this is a new thing dealers are doing to get rid of sleds I remember back in 2002 dealers doing the same thing getting holdovers for thousands less then retail also you guys forget the snowcheck program I snowchecked a 15 pro rank 155 last year for 10,400 with a whole bunch of goodys and got walker even needle shock upgrades free, Polaris has been doing the snowcheck for years and it never hurt the used sleds. So if that sled is worth 9 next fall that's pretty good loose about 1400 bucks and road a new sled all year. You guys just need to buy a little smarter and not buy a new sled off showroom floor.... and pay 12,500-13000 for new pro.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chris, $10400 sounds like a very good snowcheck price. Can you post your dealer's showcheck price next month for 2016 snowcheck season?

Top Bottom