Sled market predictions

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If a sled has a lean is there a way to still purchase it and not run the risk of having it repossessed at a later date?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just rode with some skidoo turbos and fully understand why they are selling for such a high price.
As they become more common place I wonder what they will price at in the used market?

$3-4k depreciation per year?

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Legally if it has a lien the purchaser must cut the cheque in the name of the lienholder (bank), not to the person your purchasing from. And the lienholder and original purchaser figure out how to clear the lien.

If a sled has a lean is there a way to still purchase it and not run the risk of having it repossessed at a later date?

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing this is going to be the case on 90% of used sleds in the next couple of years. There's going to be some good deals out there once the bill collectors come calling but it will be buyer beware.

Legally if it has a lien the purchaser must cut the cheque in the name of the lienholder (bank), not to the person your purchasing from. And the lienholder and original purchaser figure out how to clear the lien.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But the guy wrote free and clear of liens on the BOS... so who’s liable?

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wrote off a 2014 XM in 2016... got a linked in Message in 2019 from a guy who owned it and it still had a lien from original financing, Which I paid off years prior. Luckily he got a hold of me, I called the financier and they said “whoops, that happens sometimes...” they had not removed their lien....

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wrote off a 2014 XM in 2016... got a linked in Message in 2019 from a guy who owned it and it still had a lien from original financing, Which I paid off years prior. Luckily he got a hold of me, I called the financier and they said “whoops, that happens sometimes...” they had not removed their lien....
I bought a sled from a dealership once and when I went to sell it the guy that was buying it found the lein in the title search. I had no idea it existed.

Dealer had to call and get the lein removed. Alot of financial institutions will not remove a lien even after the loan is paid off unless you follow up with them to make sure it is removed, doesn't automatically happen like it should.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Starting to see more sleds coming into the market priced accordingly for this time of year.
What they should be .
Only the last 10 days things are switching .
PS
NOT KIJIJI !!!!
It’s a joke

Last edited:
Top Bottom