Polaris Primary Clutch

wrenchyanker

Reaction score
I am wondering if anybody has put thin washers or shims next to there weights on the polaris clutch to stop weights from wearing into aluminum of clutch. Seem to have about .013 side clearance so washers have to be quite thin. Used to be able to get from dealer but he is gone now.

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you can get them at a Cat dealer they use them. I have never shimmed the weights on a polaris but the clutch on mine seems soft I did place a thin washer on the end of the primary spring as it was wearing into the clutch. I used some old polaris secondary washers that i had from back in the early 90s I had to massage them a bit to get them to fit.

Last edited:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guy posted details of his clutch job from Indy Dan and he showed that Dan puts washers on the weights.

wrenchyanker

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses! Someone in another site gave me a Cat # 0646-101. Checked them out online and they are what I am looking for. In Sask they are showing .50 cents each. Now to find out availability and how thick they are to see if they will fit.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the stock spring and could see where it was wearing,put the washer and a new stock spring it.Checked it out yesterday and no wearing in the new one...I have a couple washers left over I believe...

Top Bottom