Polaris Help in Revy

orangemaddness

Reaction score
Ok Guys I need help!!!! First day in revy today an every time I Rip up the hill on a hard pull and come down shut it off to let one o the other guys take urn then the next time I start it and hit the throttle the engine light comes on and it boggs out bad. I can blip the throttle and get it to run smooth again. But as I ride it will come back. If i stop an let it sit 20-30 mins then it runs good again till I have one more big pull then **** starts all over again. supposed to be here till Thursday and with the ****ty snow its bad enough I don't even wanna think about renting a Machine. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Or if some one knows If there is anyone around here that could look at it please let me know.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine just did this last ride too. I went all day riding and shut it off and on nothing.

Then I got home started it and went to unload, engine temp was around 65f. As I hit the throttle to take it off the trailer it bogged and engine light came on. It would idle ok but any time I touch the throttle the light came on and it would die if I tried more throttle.

I let it idle for a bit and it went away. I was thinking moisture got into a connection or something? Must be something with the throttle...

Do you have any snow or ice build up around the throttle?

Post what you find out!

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TPS sensor maybe? There is a Poo (Backus Racing) dealer about 85 kms from revy on 97A just before Grindrod

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention, I took it out of enthonal mode when it was idling. I am not sure if that helped or not but after that the engine light and big disappeared.

if your in enthonal mode with non eth fuel Id try that. Instructions are on the clutch side panel if you open it.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there a sensor or something in the push throttle? What does it do?

extrmsled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buddy had his sled shut off a few times something with the throttle position sensor and the flipper position didn't match each other because of ice
buildup - may be the problem,maybe not

orangemaddness

Reaction score
I have pulled the throttle sensor and it didn't seem to help. I also changed plugs checked wires, made sure all the wiring harnesses are tight. Are there ay other sensors that might cause this.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the throttle at all sticky? My friend was having a similar issue last ride. On close inspection the set-screw on the bottom of the throttle block (on your handlebars) had been over-tightened causing the block to wedge apart at the bottom. This made the flipper just stiff enough to cause problems with the safety switch that detects stuck throttles. We had to back the set-screw right off and use some pliers to get the thing to pop back together.

Reaction score
If you could post up what they changed/fixed/tweaked to fix that injector code I would appreciate that greatly. Haha. Mine started doing that at the end of the season last year, I brought it to Polaris and they did a few things that they think might have been causing the issue. However, when they had it, there was no snow so they were unable to do a test ride to see if it has been fixed and I haven't been out yet this year to see if it is fixed. Thank you in advance!

Top Bottom