Polaris 3 year warranty scam?

BYOB

Reaction score
Hey guys, when I snowchecked my sled I bought it on the premise I was getting a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty as the option I chose. I got my Polaristar warranty info packet today and it says that all I have is a 3 year powertrain warranty. I have one document that lists the option as a 3 year bumper to bumper but all the rest just list it as a 3 year esc and don't tell the details. Does anyone still have all the snowcheck brochures that showed it was a bumper to bumper offer or printed off the original offer on polaris' website? I need proof that that was the offer. My dealer claims all they were aware of was a 3 year esc that did not include the words bumper to bumper but will go to bat if I have documents and proof. They are looking for some left over papers as well. Check your deals guys and gals!

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, when I snowchecked my sled I bought it on the premise I was getting a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty as the option I chose. I got my Polaristar warranty info packet today and it says that all I have is a 3 year powertrain warranty. I have one document that lists the option as a 3 year bumper to bumper but all the rest just list it as a 3 year esc and don't tell the details. Does anyone still have all the snowcheck brochures that showed it was a bumper to bumper offer or printed off the original offer on polaris' website? I need proof that that was the offer. My dealer claims all they were aware of was a 3 year esc that did not include the words bumper to bumper but will go to bat if I have documents and proof. They are looking for some left over papers as well. Check your deals guys and gals!

Here is the link you are looking for. It is one to build your snowcheck on line.

2012 Polaris Snowmobiles : Snow Check Customize CA

BYOB

Reaction score
Please keep this on topic. The polaris website as its up now shows a different offer than what it did in march. I signed the deal on my sled with the option of 2 years powertrain and $1000 in accessories or a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty. The polaris site now shows it was 2 year powertrain and $600 in accessories or 3 year "esc" warranty. I took the 3 year warranty based on the fact it was bumper to bumper.

I have found threads in various online forums referencing that it indeed was the first set of options including the $1000 or 3 year bumper to bumper but need an actual snowcheck brochure or link/printout of the polaris snowcheck offer on their canadian website from this spring before they changed it.

Someone out there has to have more supporting info in their original purchase agreement or something, please check.

BYOB

Reaction score
cokecrazed007, that is the offer after it was changed, not the original. When you get to the end bonuses part it offers $600 or 3 year esc only. This is the problem, polaris has changed from what their original offer was that most of us signed up for, we are getting a raw deal. I have one document, a "Polaris Snow Check 2012 Order Form" that shows the original options but need more ammo than that.

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cokecrazed007, that is the offer after it was changed, not the original. When you get to the end bonuses part it offers $600 or 3 year esc only. This is the problem, polaris has changed from what their original offer was that most of us signed up for, we are getting a raw deal. I have one document, a "Polaris Snow Check 2012 Order Form" that shows the original options but need more ammo than that.

Send me your email, I have a brochure, but it says 2 year 1000 or 3 years esc

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just checked on our dealer site at the official snowcheck rules. It shows on the second line 3 year polaristar bumper to bumper extended warranty. usually when something is through polaristar it is bumper to bumper. If the extended warranty is through polaris then it is usually just powertrain.

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get it in writing, and if it's from Rainy Creek Powersports, go somewhere else..anywhere else..

BYOB

Reaction score
OnlyPolaris, can you please send me a link or copy of that! I will pm you my email address. Print it off and save a copy as well.

BYOB

Reaction score
I know several people on here have messaged me personally on this issue. Has anyone received any answers at all on this issue? Polaris is really taking their sweet a$$ time to do anything about it. From what I understand from all the people and dealers I have spoke to was that this is not an isolated issue and that all dealers had the bumper to bumper warranty package at the start of the snowcheck campaign. The dealers sold the sleds based on this offer. Then Polaris decided to change their offer during?after? the snowcheck period. I have not heard from anyone who took the 3 year bumper to bumper offer in Canada say that their Polaristar warranty package is correct. Please post here on what you have heard and if you have a problem or if you have warranty papers that say it is bumper to bumper. We need to get some answers here and get them soon.

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial,Bold]
Polaris MY 2012 Snow Check™ Program Rules Canada​
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]
Program Options for 2012​
[/FONT][/FONT]
•​
Exclusive Snow Check Options AND Ride Free for 6 months AND 2nd Year Power TrainWarranty AND up to $1000 in Pure Polaris PG&A
•​
Exclusive Snow Check Options AND Ride Free for 6 months AND 3 Year PolariStar Bumperto Bumper Extended Warranty
•​
Choice of Low, Mid or High windshield on Rush, Switchback, select RMK Models
•​
Choice of RMK or Switchback seat on select 800 RMK and Pro RMK Models
•​
Program offer varies by model, see your dealer for details
[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]
Snow Check Rules​
[/FONT][/FONT]
•​
Should a Snow Check snowmobile not be available from Polaris by November 30, 2011 thecustomer shall have 10 days from the date of the unit’s arrival at the dealership to completethe purchase.
•​
The Snow Check program is not available for race, government, fleet or rental purchases.
•​
Free Pure Polaris Apparel and Accessories option available on all MY 2012 Models, amountvaries by model. See your Polaris dealer for details. Excludes Youth 120 and 600 IQ racemodels.
•​
The Snow Check offer applies only to availability of the snowmobile and the Polarissponsored promotion, not any trade-in and/or ultimate selling price negotiated between theauthorized dealer and the consumer or pre-payment or deposit made before delivery of thesnowmobile[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold].
[/FONT][/FONT]
•​
Model Year 2012 Youth 120 & 600 race sleds and all non-currents models are [FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]not [/FONT][/FONT]eligiblefor the MY 2012 Polaris Snow Check program.
•​
Consumer orders can be cancelled up until the last day of the program which is April 19,2011.
•​
Void where prohibited, taxed or regulated by law.
•​
Snowmobiles purchased under the Snow Check program must be registered in thecustomer’s name as shown on the Snow Check order form.
•​
The $500 down payment per Snow Check snowmobile ordered is non-refundable and nontransferable.
•​
There is a 4 unit per customer limit on Snow Check Select Purchases.
•​
Offer valid March 2 through April 19, 2010.
•​
Polaris reserves the right to change models and specifications at anytime without incurringobligations.
•​
Manufacturer’s suggested list prices do not reflect freight, set-up or taxes.
•​
Available at participating dealers. To locate a dealer, visit our web site atwww.polarisindustries.com.
SCSFormBackside​
2/22/2011​
©2011 Polaris Sales Inc.

BYOB

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that Andrew. That is indeed the offer we signed up for. I received a 3 year powertrain warranty from Polaristar instead of a 3 year bumper to bumper. Check what you actually got in the Polaristar package.

Top Bottom