Polaris 250

lbean74

Reaction score
Howdy!
Just wondering if anyone knows what year or model this Polaris is. It's a 250, automatic, 4x4, reverse. It's pretty nice and I got it for free and I don't know alot about it. I can't read the whole VIN but am about to go look again. Also, anyone know where to look it up that way? I'm new to the forum so any help would be appreciated!

Polaris250.jpg

Clinebo

Reaction score
I'm guessing an 89'? My brother still has his 88' and its just a little different.Looks like my 90' but the 4X4 decal is not the same....

Attachments

• MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 53

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hows that work for pushing snow I have the same quad and I am looking at buying a plow with a manaul lift as i dont have a winch yet.

Clinebo

Reaction score
It worked pretty well. It was a 48" blade and the manual lift sucked but i made it better with some welding. Being a 2-stroke it did better in low range as you have to keep the rpms in the powerband for deep snow.
My new 02' 500 is much nicer as the 4 stroke lets you go slow if needed and i put a Warn winch on to save my arm! LOL. Fun way to plow snow....:d

Attachments

• G.JPG
    G.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the best part about the early ones was that the reverse was not de-tuned and did not have a override button. i had a 86 trail boss and i could do the sweetest burnouts in reverse using full motor power

Top Bottom