Play areas in York and Corbin

speedy740

Reaction score
Hey guys, I gotta a few questions for anybody that knows the CNP area. We were just there a week ago and kinda got some sketchy directions on where the fun stuff is in the area. Everyone we talked to gave us directions like we were from the area, and we are quite the opposite so their directions were very confusing for us outsiders:confused:. We Staged at York and went on the trail quite a ways, through the forest fire area and played around on the big hill, but where do we go from there???, we are looking for some climbing and some open areas to carve in??? Where do we stay away from/danger areas? etc... We also staged right by the mine gate at corbin but didn't make it in very far, its VERY overwelming for people that are really unfimiliar with the area is there anyone that can help us out with some easy-retard proof directions, :please:Its easy to say turn west at the big hill, but for us it all looks the same??? Everyone says there is SO much to see and play in its just so overwelming...

Rjm350

Reaction score
In a way, York Creek basin can be hard to explain how to get there simply because there are numerous ways to get in there, and the trails "Y" and then join back up.
When I first started ridding the area I went on Google earth, and down loaded this KMZ file of this website:
Google Earth Maps | Quad Squad
This shows you all the main trails in the area. York Creek can be accessed from points C42 and C43. Fallow the trails South west from these points and the trail loop takes you to the base of the bowls.
This KMZ file also shows the main trails from the Corbin Town site.
Hope this helps you get started.

lightweight

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sound like next time you should find a guide . there are many riders that will help you have a good time in the pass area;)

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im also from the flat land, best thing i did was get ahold of a someone to show you around, buy the map and mark in thearea, now i ride every ride with a buddy who was our first guide out there, we always have a great ride, many times people have told me not to go as the snow is poor, but when you only get somany days to ride a year and you take time off work, we are going a guide will show you the best snow at that time, well worth it. i try and ride the feirne area every month

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I gotta a few questions for anybody that knows the CNP area. We were just there a week ago and kinda got some sketchy directions on where the fun stuff is in the area. Everyone we talked to gave us directions like we were from the area, and we are quite the opposite so their directions were very confusing for us outsiders:confused:. We Staged at York and went on the trail quite a ways, through the forest fire area and played around on the big hill, but where do we go from there???, we are looking for some climbing and some open areas to carve in??? Where do we stay away from/danger areas? etc... We also staged right by the mine gate at corbin but didn't make it in very far, its VERY overwelming for people that are really unfimiliar with the area is there anyone that can help us out with some easy-retard proof directions, :please:Its easy to say turn west at the big hill, but for us it all looks the same??? Everyone says there is SO much to see and play in its just so overwelming...

Speedy what do you ride? and when are you interested in riding?

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im also from the flat land, best thing i did was get ahold of a someone to show you around, buy the map and mark in thearea, now i ride every ride with a buddy who was our first guide out there, we always have a great ride, many times people have told me not to go as the snow is poor, but when you only get somany days to ride a year and you take time off work, we are going a guide will show you the best snow at that time, well worth it. i try and ride the feirne area every month

Giddyup what you ride and where are you from in sask?

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope conditions are good..heading out there Wednesday morning and haven't been to the area before.

Top Bottom