Platinum f350 or chev ltz diesel

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Disagree with you neighbors 2012 is quiet no noise.
Take it back and get service manage to take you for a drive in different truck that's similar to compare

Forum diagnosis is pretty tough lol, but I'm telling you the newer trucks do have some noise going straight in 4x4 no matter what

Mabe yours is worse

Also I have had 2 trucks that have had issues with tires being different circumference ( even tho same tread depth, brand and size)

In 6 turns they where 1 revolution different

It's like having a 3.73 and 3.90 ratio diffs

sent while drinking tea's

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Take it back and get service manage to take you for a drive in different truck that's similar to compare

Forum diagnosis is pretty tough lol, but I'm telling you the newer trucks do have some noise going straight in 4x4 no matter what

Mabe yours is worse

Also I have had 2 trucks that have had issues with tires being different circumference ( even tho same tread depth, brand and size)

My 16 makes a noise. Comes right up from my feet. In 4wd at highway speed. Heard lots do as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And when u turn u can hear the wind up from axle speeds

They are super sensitive to axle speed changes - difference

The cases and guts are super tight tolerances

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My price is nothing special, can buy any where for that, maybe you smell of money, pick a couple dealers and just fax them spec's for a quote, don't call them, have them fax you back. Has worked for me

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 16 makes a noise. Comes right up from my feet. In 4wd at highway speed. Heard lots do as well

I have a 15 and a 16, both GM Denali, one ton, four door dually's, the only difference is the mirrors. The 16 makes a whiny sound in 4x4 and the 15 is absolutely quiet. My 2011 (same truck) is quiet as well and it has 280000 KLM.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2011 dmax was quiet as well, wouldn't know I was in 4x4 until tight turns

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My price is nothing special, can buy any where for that, maybe you smell of money, pick a couple dealers and just fax them spec's for a quote, don't call them, have them fax you back. Has worked for me
So if 76,999 isn't a great price for a 17 diesel 3500 ltz what would be?

Last edited:

gumbylee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will second the comment about buying from Wayne Smyl.
Bought 3 different trucks from.city dealers couldn't even come close!

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2016 2500 slt duramax full load from stetson in Drayton valley $63,000 MSRP was $83,000 ish if i remember correctly they definitely have wiggle room on these trucks.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2016 2500 slt duramax full load from stetson in Drayton valley $63,000 MSRP was $83,000 ish if i remember correctly they definitely have wiggle room on these trucks.
It all depends on when you buy it and what the dealer incentives are. No way is a dealer going to discount a 17 from $83 to $63 right now. Maybe in June, if the manufacture is offering $10-$15k off.

When did you buy yours?

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is also a lot of difference in basic slt pkg to a extra loaded slt so to speak. Pretty easy to add 5k in options on a "loaded " truck
Mines loaded,but I wish I bought the other Ltz that had the cocoa dune interior but the options it had in ltz pkg were 5k more. Lane departure and DVD, box liner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a quote on a 17 f350 lariat today to.85,600 msrp sell for 74,500 crew cab sd box has nav,fifth wheel prep , a bit less then the chev but have to compare options to,chev has a couple more little things I think.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a line on a 2016 full load 3500 with 30000kms its not a denali but close enough for me $55000
think i might upgrade the ole '06

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own a f-350 14 platinum and a 16 3500 Denali both diesels. This is my honest opinion and I wouldn't hesitate to buy either one, it comes down to price for me.

highway ride... gmc
gravel road...ford
comfort...gmc
options...Gmc
power empty...ford slight edge...(15-17 ford much better)
Fuel economy... ford
engine quietness...ford
fit and finish...Gmc
Able to put after market bigger tires...ford...chev is brutal!
Towing cababilities...Gmc...(but 15-17 ford power is much nicer)
price paid at new Gmc 67,000
Ford 66,000
both have been good trucks so far and would not hesitate to buy either one

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Mabe yours is worse

If you can hear a brand new truck in 4wd something's wrong or it's a piece of garbage. Never ever have I had one you could tell, manual shifter or not. Unless the truck is turned off you can hear it, but any sort of driving? Nope and that's the way it should be.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can hear a brand new truck in 4wd something's wrong or it's a piece of garbage. Never ever have I had one you could tell, manual shifter or not. Unless the truck is turned off you can hear it, but any sort of driving? Nope and that's the way it should be.
So your a g.m tech??

And u have drove lots of 4x4 with manual floor shift???

Top Bottom