Platinum f350 or chev ltz diesel

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really liking the f350.

Not sure why people buy the f250 vs the f350.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Besides the price difference their is also a big difference in insurance costs and coverage. Insurance places will not cover for replacement cost or what ever that is they will only pay out book value if your lucky. The 350 is classified as a work truck and is insured as such. Sucks for the people that buy they as a personal veh

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is this a good price,2017 gmc 3500 slt z71 ,duramax 76,900$ , new

not really, IMO you usually pay about 10K more for a GM then you do for a ford or dodge. I had a 2013 F350, it was bullet proof, awesome engine. I think the better deal will be had on the Ford, If you push them hard enough I bet you could get that truck for low 60's high 50's new.

BEL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I've been looking as well, and that's right in the ballpark. Only problem is there are not many around, and you may be left to order one, which would probably come in a little higher. Good luck with your search, let us know how you make out.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Besides the price difference their is also a big difference in insurance costs and coverage. Insurance places will not cover for replacement cost or what ever that is they will only pay out book value if your lucky. The 350 is classified as a work truck and is insured as such. Sucks for the people that buy they as a personal veh

Might be true for the communist insurance company (ICBC) but not true anywhere else. A personal use vehicle is a personal use vehicle. Insurance between F250 and F 350 are same in Alberta.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the new Fords still come with free theft services or did they fix this in the newer years?

No one has answered this yet,.. are the newer Fords still appealing and easy to steal for thieves? This is also a consideration for insurance purposes and a reason many friends have not bought into newer Fords but have went GM or Dodge.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No one has answered this yet,.. are the newer Fords still appealing and easy to steal for thieves? This is also a consideration for insurance purposes and a reason many friends have not bought into newer Fords but have went GM or Dodge.[/QUOTE

As far as I know dodge and fords are still easy to steal.

Last edited:

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might be true for the communist insurance company (ICBC) but not true anywhere else. A personal use vehicle is a personal use vehicle. Insurance between F250 and F 350 are same in Alberta.
Ya u guys get the good insurance.. we get the insurance company that has no competition and does what ever they want..

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not really, IMO you usually pay about 10K more for a GM then you do for a ford or dodge. I had a 2013 F350, it was bullet proof, awesome engine. I think the better deal will be had on the Ford, If you push them hard enough I bet you could get that truck for low 60's high 50's new.
No way your getting that truck in the 60's

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
What?
The truck is sold is a 2013 Denali with old good guys rates. $1640 per yr. My 2016 ford platnuim $2130. I called my agent and she explained the (rate group) is way higher for risk on the ford. As far as I know dodge and fords are still easy to steal.
What's Also so weird is My 1500 ram is the opposite. It's almost double my gmc1500 due to the rate group.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you shopped around much for new holdovers? I priced checked a ton when I bought my f150 this fall and by far the best I found was Darryle Simmers at Brentridge Ford in Wetaskiwin. Like Dazzler said, I dont get anything from passing his name along. Was just super happy with him and how he just gives the best price up front. No haggling needed.

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Doesn't seem too far out of line. I bought a used 15 Denali last spring from the dealer. Just over 60000k on it now. Love the truck, have had some emission issues with it though. Delete will solve that soon enough though. And if your looking at a 17 it is the new engine so can't comment on that, but I get around 25L/100 towing a 28ft enclosed sled trailer loaded up doing 120-130. 38ft fifth wheel was getting 27ish. Unloaded usually average around 14L/100. Although it almost never turns a wheel unless it's pulling. When I bought mine I could have got a new 16 full load LTZ sport for around 72 but that was with their "preferred pricing" I get through the company I work for. So 77 for a very similar truck but newer doesn't seem too crazy. Unless you know someone and are really special you won't find too many dealers that will do much other than Sticker price minus rebates.

shell_guy

Reaction score
I had by far the best experience at Okatoks GMC, just picked up a lightly used 2014 Sierra 3500, great deal and super easy to deal with. I normally hate dealers and these guys were great to deal with. Call Himanshu, he's a good guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_0576.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was dealing with Davis Gm in Lethbridge , good to deal with , talked to my local chev dealer yesterday and they matched his price on a new Ltz one ton , msrp of 86,999$ sell for 77,999$

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a 16 denali long box crew cab and the transfer case has a noise that you have to turn radio up in 4x4 and its normal they say so take one for a drive and if the sound is there tell them to shove it bull**** spend 89g on a truck and this is normal. Sad thing about it heard the noise on the test drive but thought it was something to do with the def.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the new truck from 08 and up have noise in 4x4 ( manual shift ones are real bad cause it vibrates the shifter)

It's because the design and how the planetarys work

The older t cases in trucks where a clutch pack setup and was quite, but had other issues lmfao

sent while drinking tea's

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the new truck from 08 and up have noise in 4x4 ( manual shift ones are real bad cause it vibrates the shifter)

It's because the design and how the planetarys work

The older t cases in trucks where a clutch pack setup and was quite, but had other issues lmfao

sent while drinking tea's

Disagree with you neighbors 2012 is quiet no noise.

Top Bottom