Plate Mounting for B.C.ers

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the sled is on the truck and no plates on the sled, your getting checked! That's the reason for the new rules (and old ones) is the ability for Officers to Ron your sled plate to see if it's stolen. No plate on it draws suspicion not just to the sled but you as well. I'd rather have the plate on the sled, it's checked and comes back clean, and I'm gone sledding. In the mean time your still at Timmys attempting to explain why you have no plate on and scrounging just to find some registration. Hmmmmm, seems like a no brainer to me....Sherm[/QUO
wasnt actually looking for a lecture on how to get through Timmy"s ,was wondering more about the legalities of hauling a unplated sled , they will be torn off ,lost ,etc. as well . the other no brainer is the ability of enforcement to catch or observe people riding in restricted access areas .

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but haven't people ran the registration stick on the tunnel in BC for years? Only thing this year is they are shoving it down your throat todo it?

If they are only concerned about the plate I could register a black 2015 skidoo. Than be riding a stolen black 2015 skidoo with my plates on it?

They haven't prevent vehicles from being stolen and we have been running plates for years. They won't be able to keep sleds from being stolen either. They just want a better way to keep an eye on you & easier to catch if sledding in the wrong areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do they see a plate with a cover on the sled.....

I have my plate in my tunnel bag as maybe it's just my flap set up but I cracked a plate in half for mounting it on the back, had to go get a new one. I really didn't want to drill holes in my tunnel to mount it but might have to.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Not being a chit disturber Sherm but here is my dilemma with putting the plate on the tail flap (as seen in the video). I used to cut the flap and found cooling problems so this was my solution and it has worked well. I don't have a problem drilling some holes in the tunnel and attaching it that way. A couple rivet holes aren't a big deal anyways. Hell, the 2015 T3 had 2 3/8" diameter holes in each side of the tunnel from the factory.

Highly's statement regarding the cover? My Doo cover doesn't cover the rear cooler(it stops at the back of the seat) so that is not a problem and the plate would be visible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmb_lHuMNNI

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Installing a plate on a sled is not new.

Way back when I had sleds it was a big discussion.

Like 35 years ago.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

yup you are certified!!!! lol. i just riveted the plate to rear side of tunnel. worked fine.

made it faster, and have not been stuck in the last year or two, :D

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not being a chit disturber Sherm but here is my dilemma with putting the plate on the tail flap (as seen in the video). I used to cut the flap and found cooling problems so this was my solution and it has worked well. I don't have a problem drilling some holes in the tunnel and attaching it that way. A couple rivet holes aren't a big deal anyways. Hell, the 2015 T3 had 2 3/8" diameter holes in each side of the tunnel from the factory.

Highly's statement regarding the cover? My Doo cover doesn't cover the rear cooler(it stops at the back of the seat) so that is not a problem and the plate would be visible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmb_lHuMNNI
Mine is not going on the flap

Buddy had a good idea to velcro it to the handle bar bag and take it off up the trail for rest of the day

kidinloghouse

Reaction score
so whats the significance of the bc registration plate, i'm from the territories and nothing i own has ever been registered. and i dont ever recall seeing any sleds with those plates in valemount or chetwynd? rolled through a checkstop a couple years ago in valemount and was never even asked about registration? got a warning about light covers and told that need two points of contact for both sleds on the deck cause the two superclamps and one herc strap didnt cut it. but first i've heard or read about this??

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So b.c.ers pay a one time fee for a plate that's transferable to a new
ride if they get one
and albertans have to pay every year to renew
there registration plate on there ride
( or multiple rides )
this is bs for the AB s
No?

I thought so as well, but seems that if you want to be able to cross roads, or ride on forestry service roads you need to buy both the liability insurance, and a 48/year sticker for your plate.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought so as well, but seems that if you want to be able to cross roads, or ride on forestry service roads you need to buy both the liability insurance, and a 48/year sticker for your plate.

Don't let them BS you. That $48 liability policy sticker for your plate doesn't allow you to ride on FSR's.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So b.c.ers pay a one time fee for a plate that's transferable to a new
ride if they get one
and albertans have to pay every year to renew
there registration plate on there ride
( or multiple rides )
this is bs for the AB s
No?
But we pay for trailers every year, where a.b is a one time permanent fee

So it's washs each way

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tex78, no worries. I can't believe how torqued so many sledders get over a fricking plate ,really! From my own experience in dealing with people it is always "those ones" that call the authorities first when something happens. I really don't care where anyone puts their plate, shove it up your sphincter for all I care, really! I cut my flap off when I first got my sled, never had a cooling problem. Yes, having a plate will not prevent your sled from being stolen but because it's registered its easier to recover. Do you drive around without the plates on your truck? Come on guys, grow up!

Top Bottom