Plasti dip

joshpadley01

Reaction score
So I seen a few cars and trucks done and I thought what would my tunnel look like so I did it and I hope it holds up but if not it peels off with a bit of work

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brother in law did his and it held up ok just don't kick off ice build up. That'll take it off and if you have metal on the inside of your boots be careful, once it has a nick in it, it peels pretty easy easy. Looks good though!

dodgeram18

Reaction score
looks good but it wont stand up to an active riders boot abuse. i went to the local sign shop and picked up a sheet of 3m vinyl and wrapped my tunnel myself. costs less than the dip and lasts.

impulseturboguy

Reaction score
I will try the dip It is really easy to touch up. And as far as rhino liner I did my truck and it is awesome but the price to have it done to my tunnel is crazy and I'm better off just buying a powder coated credit tunnel

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
box liner coating would be the way to go. I can sell you a clear tintable version that you add whatever color toner you like. no the stuff is not dirt cheap, but neither is plasti dip. But the gun to shoot it is cheap. you have an air compressor you can easily do it yourself.. it would be a good idea to prime it first if your dealing with raw metals

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
box liner coating would be the way to go. I can sell you a clear tintable version that you add whatever color toner you like. no the stuff is not dirt cheap, but neither is plasti dip. But the gun to shoot it is cheap. you have an air compressor you can easily do it yourself.. it would be a good idea to prime it first if your dealing with raw metals

Rough surfaces will hold more snow + thickness of any coating will insulate the tunnel. Neither are a great idea IMO.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have my whole front end of my sled plasti dipped and it's pretty good. It takes a royal whoopin in the trees and holds up good. I wouldn't hesitate to do the tunnel but I don't know if the abuse it will get from your boots will be too much or not, only one way to find out! The only thing that it doesn't like is gas, that wrecks it very fast but other than that it's pretty cool stuff!

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I am gonna touch up the chassis on my enclosed this spring to see how it holds up.

Top Bottom