Pileups!!!

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Last year I was following a young man in his little red pickup. He was texting the whole time I was behind. When it came time to make a left turn, well he went without really looking and the back side of his truck got hit by a toyota car. I said to my son right as it was happening, "here comes an accident".
I hope since he witnessed this that when it comes time for him to drive he will have the phone in his pocket.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I keep to the right lane as much as possible and let faster people go by, but when some jerk is too close to my tailgate I slow down and keep the pace with the car I'm passing. I will not be intimidated and actually have fun with the real jerks who get super angry, twice now I've accepted the one fingered invitation to a road side discussion only to have the 200lb 6' runt get back in his truck and take off when acting the bully doesn't work. I do have to admit to losing my temper once in a while, but I've never put anyones life at risk.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I have idiots tailgating me while im passing another vehicle I tap the brakes. if they still dont get the picture I WACK on the breaks. no ones hit me yet but screw them if they do. I wont mind a new truck. "sorry officer i didn't want to hit that bird that flew across in front of me."

I had one guy piss me off so bad while I was passing a supper b I said to my sefl i'll fix him. I got right to the front of the rig and slowed down till I got to the rear of the rig then i hammered the throttle till I got to the front of the rig again, and i wiated till the guy cought up again. then i'd slow back down till I got to the rear of the rig again. i must have done that for about 5 minutes till he gave up following me to the front. Then I completted my pass and moved over to the right lane. Once the guy finaly got past me, he was doing an easy 180km i went up over the supper test in fort mac and what do i see just before suncore the wonderful red and blue lights with the same idiot parked in front... i love karma:d

I may not drive slow...120-125 in a 100/110 zone. but i never tailgate and I try my best not to make other drives nervious.

You sound like a guy I saw on Canada's worst drivers. What if you slam on the brakes to teach a guy a lesson and someone ends up dead?.....dumb..... Grow up and let the tailgater pass.....2 pissed off drivers don't make the road any safer...

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You sound like a guy I saw on Canada's worst drivers. What if you slam on the brakes to teach a guy a lesson and someone ends up dead?.....dumb..... Grow up and let the tailgater pass.....2 pissed off drivers don't make the road any safer...

X2...That is just stupid...slam on your brakes to teach someone a lesson that could end up taking a life??? Just pull over for the 30 seconds and let the guy go by, We have to many hero's like yourself on the road playing wanna be cops.

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take it off cruise when you do pass, come on 111km/h to pass a semi doing110km/h 10 miles up the road you finally pull back in the right lane and let the 40 cars you held up pass....THAT PISSES ME OFF just my :twocents:

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think another problem is that many people drive like thier on the DeerFoot in Calgary. 110-120km/hr and 8 feet between the vehicle in front of them.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
It's getting worse every day :mad: People are more aggressive and ignorant on the road than ever before. We all pay for this with increases in insurance premiums because the person that just hit you doesn't have any insurance but can afford a Blackberry, $200 month phone bill, and designer bling to be cool at the mall ( a poke at our younger generation). It astounds me on how many drivers are oblivious to road conditions, surroundings, and the possible repercussions of their actions. How many times have you drove by an accident that happened not moments before thinking to yourself, "wow that could have been me! Good thing I'm not in a hurry today :d " I can remember when 5km over the "legal posted" limit would get you a ticket and an ass chewing from a cop....funny how things have changed. 140 in a 110 zone is not ok, you are breaking the law...that's that :nono: no matter what the driving conditions are like or how the traffic is moving. If anything drive legal and for shits and giggles...maybe pay attention. I've held a drivers licence for 28 yrs. 24 of them as a class 1 truck driver, and yes I classify myself as a professional but there are many that are not. I've seasoned my skills to survive over the years into "common sense" driving habits that many will never have or even comprehend for that matter. I'm not perfect, but dam close ;) hahahaha. Oh and by the way...if you don't like this speed...ya sure as ch!t ain't gonna like the next one :smiliestirthepot:

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As in most things in this world it boils down to respect,if the fast drivers respected the fact that the slow driver are in no hurry or feel they cant drive anyfaster safely and give them time to pass and get out the way before freakin out and the slow drivers respected the fact that the fast driver were runnin late or feel more confident in driving faster and moved over as quick as possible it would all go great but no we are a me society now,of course theres always idiots as in every other part of life to.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It just people that dont know how to drive. They accelerate to quickly and swerve all over the road. Ive seen to many people hit the ditch cause they do too many sudden actions or they slam their brakes on.

I dont believe speed ahs much of anything to do with it. You go where your comfortable. I feel comfortable at 130 in the summer and in the winter i feel comfortable wherever i feel comfortable. I canst stand how people blame speed on everything.
Just like sledding i can go 150 and turn and stuff and then i can go 30 and fall off.

It all in the way you manuver . and feel comfortable.

give_it_all_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This province needs to implement what ontario drivers have to deal with. There it is a 300+ (Cant remember forsure) ticket if in the passing lane and not passing anyone. Needs to be here too.

Hmm never have heard of that one before...

It's getting worse every day :mad: People are more aggressive and ignorant on the road than ever before. We all pay for this with increases in insurance premiums because the person that just hit you doesn't have any insurance but can afford a Blackberry, $200 month phone bill, and designer bling to be cool at the mall ( a poke at our younger generation). It astounds me on how many drivers are oblivious to road conditions, surroundings, and the possible repercussions of their actions. How many times have you drove by an accident that happened not moments before thinking to yourself, "wow that could have been me! Good thing I'm not in a hurry today :d " I can remember when 5km over the "legal posted" limit would get you a ticket and an ass chewing from a cop....funny how things have changed. 140 in a 110 zone is not ok, you are breaking the law...that's that :nono: no matter what the driving conditions are like or how the traffic is moving. If anything drive legal and for shits and giggles...maybe pay attention. I've held a drivers licence for 28 yrs. 24 of them as a class 1 truck driver, and yes I classify myself as a professional but there are many that are not. I've seasoned my skills to survive over the years into "common sense" driving habits that many will never have or even comprehend for that matter. I'm not perfect, but dam close ;) hahahaha. Oh and by the way...if you don't like this speed...ya sure as ch!t ain't gonna like the next one :smiliestirthepot:

Well said. You can't say all young people are like that though. I have a regular old cell phone with a $10/month bill and work clothes with no bling :p
5km over would get you a ticket? I guess it is over the limit but in my area usually you can do 20km over and the police won't even look at you.
The fastest I've seen the highway here was just over 140km/h by the average car. That is pretty fast but if there was one slow car in there then somebody would definitely crash. So sometimes speeding (keeping up with traffic) is the right thing to do. The police say to keep up with traffic within reason.

Last edited:

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll drive in what ever bloody lane I want to!!! lol....

No really though one of my biggest pet peeves is someone whose speed is constantly fluctuating. Hate it when some yahoo tailgates even when I do slow down a bit to make them decide whether to pass or not, they pass and do get ahead a little ways for awhile but then something distracts them or who knows what causing them to slow down and I'm forced to pass. The leap frog game drives me nuts. That's why vehicles are equipped with cruise, use it when weather on road conditions permit..........

give_it_all_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll drive in what ever bloody lane I want to!!! lol....

No really though one of my biggest pet peeves is someone whose speed is constantly fluctuating. Hate it when some yahoo tailgates even when I do slow down a bit to make them decide whether to pass or not, they pass and do get ahead a little ways for awhile but then something distracts them or who knows what causing them to slow down and I'm forced to pass. The leap frog game drives me nuts. That's why vehicles are equipped with cruise, use it when weather on road conditions permit..........

Or when someone is doing 75 in the passing lane which people normally do 95-100 in. And then you got to pass them and they speed up so you slow down and they slow down...

Cabinboy

Reaction score
Its the fawkers that stay right beside each other on a 2 lane hiway that get me. Totally oblivious, that traffic is building up behind them, and then..........theres the fawkers that pinch you off on a 2 lane as you are coming up on the slower traffic in the right lane. If I'm in the fast lane, and I see that I'm gonna pinch somebody off, I either speed up, or slow down and flash my lights to let buddy know, that he can change lanes and pass. But theres a lot of peeps that don't use their mirrors, or don't know how to set them up, to use them properly.

my rant for today

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
People who don't know how to merge properly onto the highway. You have to be going the speed of the highway traffic so that you can find where to fit in. People who stay driving slow, well below highway speed, to then try to fit in ticks me off to no end. Now I am stuck trying to fit in with fast traffic. Please if you are one of these people speed up when merging to get with the flow. GRRR

Top Bottom