Pileups!!!

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It kills me when they show a big pileup on the news then say the Police are "investigating the possibility of poor driving conditions as the cause".

The cause is people driving faster than they should for the conditions.

Just cause 40 idiots all ran into each other doesn't mean you can blame the road conditions. Blame the idiots. It just means it was obvious that conditions were poor and none of them slowed down.

albertasummitx

Reaction score
It kills me when they show a big pileup on the news then say the Police are "investigating the possibility of poor driving conditions as the cause".

Just cause 40 idiots all ran into each other doesn't mean you can blame the road conditions. Blame the idiots. It just means it was obvious that conditions were poor and none of them slowed down.

I AGREE 200% CANT FIX STUPID-MY MOM TRIED :beer:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Interesting how people drive for sure.
Keeps emergency services employed.:d

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
"slow driver stay right"

That's one of my pet peeves...Idiot driving 70k in the left lane while traffic in the right lane is going 70k....nice way to cause a traffic jam:nono:

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats why there is wrecks you have one slow driver in the left lane and then you have a driver going faster then him in the same lane "boom " pileup.. just for example coming home from calgary and in the fast lane doing 80 and everyone else doing 50 then someone pulled ahead of me good thing i seen it coming cause he would have been dead not me

Last edited:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
That's one of my pet peeves...Idiot driving 70k in the left lane while traffic in the right lane is going 70k....nice way to cause a traffic jam:nono:

agreed.........lets be honest about this.....some vehicles are more capable/ better equiped for the snow...just becasue you only feel comfortable at 70K doesnt mean i cant handle it.....i dont drive like an a$$ but i know damn well my truck can do better than a honda civic with low pros's....move over and let me by

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rules of the road should be only drive in the left lane for passing ,,, so pass then move over dont stay in the fast lane.... i know i do this all the time

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This province needs to implement what ontario drivers have to deal with. There it is a 300+ (Cant remember forsure) ticket if in the passing lane and not passing anyone. Needs to be here too.

dooski

Reaction score
The biggest reason for pile ups is people drive too slow and tail gating and I agree if your going to pass someone then do it quickly and not take 20mins to do it because it pisses every body off and create more tailgating and on a two lane hyway if you are driving slow pull over to the side and let everybody go by, its called COURTESSY

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its not always the peoples fault!! for example the girl i pulled off the curb today that had winter tires on, you know the kind i cant remember the brand name but they are the kind with the wear bars lower than the tread....heyyyyyyyyyyy wait a minute!!! those were bald f@#%&ng all seasons!!!!! oops my mistake it IS the peoples fault!!lol

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"slow driver stay right"

One thing I notice while driving on Alberta's 4 lane divided highways is how aggressively drivers will tailgate me while I'm passing slower traffic at 10-15 over the limit...

This time last year I had a P/U so close behind me I couldn't see his grill :eek:

I was passing several super b fuel tankers @ about 75-80 mph (125) and this guy is,what, 4-5 feet behind my bumper... :nono:

75-80 miles per hour is not (slower traffic) and you have no right to try and intimidate people out of your way because you driving like an a$$.

The other thing I notice while driving truck in Alberta is, after passing me, people come back into my lane FAR too close leaving me no following distance... Often because someone is on their a$$....

It's a very bad driving practice, be careful out there peeps, I'm driving down on Christmas day :d

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing I notice while driving on Alberta's 4 lane divided highways is how aggressively drivers will tailgate me while I'm passing slower traffic at 10-15 over the limit...

This time last year I had a P/U so close behind me I couldn't see his grill :eek:

I was passing several super b fuel tankers @ about 75-80 mph (125) and this guy is,what, 4-5 feet behind my bumper... :nono:

75-80 miles per hour is not (slower traffic) and you have no right to try and intimidate people out of your way because you driving like an a$$.

The other thing I notice while driving truck in Alberta is, after passing me, people come back into my lane FAR too close leaving me no following distance... Often because someone is on their a$$....

It's a very bad driving practice, be careful out there peeps, I'm driving down on Christmas day :d

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

When I have idiots tailgating me while im passing another vehicle I tap the brakes. if they still dont get the picture I WACK on the breaks. no ones hit me yet but screw them if they do. I wont mind a new truck. "sorry officer i didn't want to hit that bird that flew across in front of me."

I had one guy piss me off so bad while I was passing a supper b I said to my sefl i'll fix him. I got right to the front of the rig and slowed down till I got to the rear of the rig then i hammered the throttle till I got to the front of the rig again, and i wiated till the guy cought up again. then i'd slow back down till I got to the rear of the rig again. i must have done that for about 5 minutes till he gave up following me to the front. Then I completted my pass and moved over to the right lane. Once the guy finaly got past me, he was doing an easy 180km i went up over the supper test in fort mac and what do i see just before suncore the wonderful red and blue lights with the same idiot parked in front... i love karma:d

I may not drive slow...120-125 in a 100/110 zone. but i never tailgate and I try my best not to make other drives nervious.

Last edited:

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I have idiots tailgating me while im passing another vehicle I tap the brakes. if they still dont get the picture I WACK on the breaks. no ones hit me yet but screw them if they do. I wont mind a new truck. "sorry officer i didn't want to hit that bird that flew across in front of me."

I had one guy piss me off so bad while I was passing a supper b I said to my sefl i'll fix him. I got right to the front of the rig and slowed down till I got to the rear of the rig then i hammered the throttle till I got to the front of the rig again, and i wiated till the guy cought up again. then i'd slow back down till I got to the rear of the rig again. i must have done that for about 5 minutes till he gave up following me to the front. Then I completted my pass and moved over to the right lane. Once the guy finaly got past me, he was doing an easy 180km i went up over the supper test in fort mac and what do i see just before suncore the wonderful red and blue lights with the same idiot parked in front... i love karma:d

I may not drive slow...120-125 in a 100/110 zone. but i never tailgate and I try my best not to make other drives nervious.

haha I had a guy tailgate me coming out of town one morning on my way to work, when I passed the first car in the rt lane I pulled into that lane, heard the guy tailin' me floor it so I let him get even with me then I got back in front of him and slowed down a bit to pass the next car.... he was throwing a tantrum in his truck waving me over to fight at 5:20 in the morning. Let him pass and just continue on my way.

I'll be courteous to anyone, especially nervous winter drivers. If you push those ones who are nervous to begin with you can't blame them when they crash. I certainly don't mind taking a jerk down a notch though.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I witnessed a person rearend another car yesterday on Jasper ave. The truck had stopped beside me at red light car hit him pushed him into intersection, lucky traffic was light no other casualties. Person that rearend truck was asked by police if they had seen that the light was red or if they noticed brakelights on other vehicle. Response from person was how am I suppose to see them when I was busy texting. Next comment from her was it was not my fault.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I witnessed a person rearend another car yesterday on Jasper ave. The truck had stopped beside me at red light car hit him pushed him into intersection, lucky traffic was light no other casualties. Person that rearend truck was asked by police if they had seen that the light was red or if they noticed brakelights on other vehicle. Response from person was how am I suppose to see them when I was busy texting. Next comment from her was it was not my fault.

She actually said that to the cops???Now thatIS Stupid!!!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
PLLEASE.............

Don't get me started, they are many of us that put on 5000+ km's/month.

A slow lane is a slow lane, PLEASE TO ALL FELLOW HIGH WAY TRAVELLERS.
Please respect the lane's as you pass the signs, on your left.

"SLOWER TRAFFIC "PLEASE" STAY TO THE RIGHT"
I am not saying this out loud. But for those of us that need to be there, please cut us a break.

For those who are just dip s$$t's.............no matter how close you get to the back of my ride. I WILL pull over to the right, when it is safe.

Just my $0.02

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yup.....and we pay stoopid insurance why????????

Top Bottom