Pierre Wins!

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might want to inform yourself a bit , this is not about reservation land this is about all of the crown land in bc . Oh yeah backcountry recreation has been deemed an industry by the province of bc .

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Might want to inform yourself a bit , this is not about reservation land this is about all of the crown land in bc . Oh yeah backcountry recreation has been deemed an industry by the province of bc .
Are we watching the same video? This has nothing to do with bc provincial law. It has to do with the federal government giving 1/2 of the federal corporate tax revenue for land back to the natives……the bc land use issue is something completely different and is provincially regulated

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
So our tax revenue will not be used to assist them and they will be self sufficient?

I think not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkn
No but we’re going to pay that no matter what. If you allow them to have control over it it takes the feds out of decisions to allow industry to work on their land. This is a good thing for getting projects through native land if they are getting direct control. Have to take good with bad sometimes

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are right this is not about provincial jurisdiction, but this will give the First Nations access to 50 percent of federal taxation for industry on any land in the province of that is not privately owned .

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
You are right this is not about provincial jurisdiction, but this will give the First Nations access to 50 percent of federal taxation for industry on any land in the province of that is not privately owned .
It will only relate to reserve land that is under the Indian act. That doesnt include all public land. Only that designate as native reserve land

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No that is not true ,it applies to all ancestral lands and traditional territories which cover about 350 percent of the land mass of bc .

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
No that is not true ,it applies to all ancestral lands and traditional territories which cover about 350 percent of the land mass of bc .
The bill specifically states First Nations reserves….. do you think the government is going to give up 1/2 of all tax tax revenue on all public land…. You told me to educate myself with out having a clue what you’re talking about…..

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No but we’re going to pay that no matter what. If you allow them to have control over it it takes the feds out of decisions to allow industry to work on their land. This is a good thing for getting projects through native land if they are getting direct control. Have to take good with bad sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the BC gov. Though. I’m talking about the video that’s speaks in the federal gov. Completely different issues

So if I have land that industry want to work on, will I get the same treatment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I get what you're saying about them getting the money but the premise behind this bill is to take out some of the red tape to allow industry to access the land and benefit the native communities as well. and regardless we are never going to see any benefit of the tax revenue from this land so may as well let it help a community rather than the gov.

everyone can all day go on about what's not fair and what doesn't. but in a bill that takes out some of the bureaucracy and red tape and possibly create jobs maybe we should just look at some possible positives.

Top Bottom